Newbie Q: calories don't match

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nicpink
    on

I started the diet yesterday 🙂
    For breakfast I had the almond butter, seeds and apple which the book states as 110 calories. When I measure the ingredients and put it into my fitness pal and Fitbit the calories come back as almost 3 times that amount (1 Apple alone is 75 calories, let alone 2tbsp of almond butter plus seeds).

So now I’m on 309 Cals just on breakfast according to mfp- help! Why does the book state much lower cals? And what can I do for lunch/dinner to keep in the 800 zone?

Thanks in advance.

• posted by Bongo
    on

Hi

I’ve not compared the book calories with actual, I’ve been taking them on trust so will have to double check today.

I’ve been skipping breakfast, just having water and lemon when I get up, then a green drink mid morning, followed by a salad and fruit and yogurt for lunch, then a book recipie for tea.

I’m only on day three but have already decided will need to branch out into my own recipes as finding the book ones a bit bland so far.

When you check your calories on your phone are you sure you’re putting the correct weight in? I was shocked at the number of calories in a satsuma until I realised my phone was giving me calories per 100g not per fruit.

• posted by thepolly
    on

I found that as well Nicpink so I put everything in in grams. Not sure why the calories are different but have been going by the app ones rather than the book.

Hi Bongo, I get irritated with it when other users have put amounts in in different measurements, there should be a way of amending the amount or weight you want to use…

Please log in or register to post a reply.