Newbie here with a question

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kal40
    on

hi everyone
    I have just found out that I am pre diabetes and that shocked me into acting quickly. I bought the book and the recipe book and jumped in. I have been really unlucky with my health, brain haemorrhage involving two craneotomys, heart attack (hypertensive crisis, not heart disease) and I am coeliac! As you can appreciate, I can’t add diabetes to the list.

Anyway, been following the diet for nearly a week. Weight is coming off quickly and I’m not hungry. My only problems are a headache, and seriously bad stomach. I am drinking a minimum of 2 litres of water and I understand about the gut bacteria dieing off, my question is, how long do these things last?

Thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, you should be over the headaches quite soon but you need to keep up with the water and add a little salt to your food, just a touch as your body is flushing out electrolytes. Dont know about the stomach as you dont say what it is, some people are constipated for few days and you can add something like chia seeds to your yoghurt. If it is the other way it is probably due to the fluid balance being the other way, not enough fluids leads to constipation but also fibre from the veggies you will be eating. All round you should feel better in a few days.

• posted by Kal40
    on

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try the salt.

Stomach wise, it’s not constipation, the exact opposite !

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

It is common to have stomach/bowel changes when you change your diet. Assuming it is nothing too serious it should ease in a few days and you could take an imodium. If you are worried talk to your pharmacy.

Please log in or register to post a reply.