newbie – any tips or help much appreciated

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Saya1122
    on

I’ve just purchased the blood sugar recipe book and aim to start today. I’ve been finding it hard to kick start my healthy me and change … since putting on weight the last year and also finding it really hard to get back on track with running. any tips or advice to keep this sustainable would be really appreciated.

• posted by Squidge
    on

I find planning my meals in advance helpful. That way you can just buy the foods you’ll use, and not have extra things in the kitchen. Also if I’m looking forward to a healthy meal I’m far less likely to crave other things.
    Don’t make life hard for yourself by having favourite high carb foods around. If you feel you must have carbs for other people who live with you, try to get those which you find least appealing, keep them out of sight, and remind yourself that they’re for the kids or whoever, not you.

• posted by Mgillean7
    on

Still hungry after my meals & a dodgy tummy any tips?

• posted by JGwen
    on

You are changing what food you give to your gut bacteria. – Which will cause changes in the range of gut bacteria.
    The bacteria which depend on you eating carbs for their survival do have the ability to send hunger signals to your brain to try to get you to feed them.

Its just a stepping stone in your journey. It will pass.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Make sure you’re drinking enough water, and if you’re really hungry, rather than just fancying the high carb foods your body is used to, add some green leafy vegetable to your meals, until you get used to smaller portions.

Please log in or register to post a reply.