Newbie, addicted to snacking!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by HandP
    on

Hello! I started the 8 week plan on Tuesday and have lost 5 lbs in 3 days, so chuffed so far. I know it will mostly be water, put I’m spurred on by this. I’ve always been a slave to dieting, mostly doing it through Slimming World, but had got into an awful cycle of snacking every hour on mostly free food but things that satisfy my sweet tooth, so I’ve decided to go ‘cold turkey’ and try this diet after reading the book. Did anyone out there also get into an awful pattern of snacking, just to satisfy some kind of need, desire, reward? I’ve found the first 3 days difficult but not intolerably so. Please can I also ask that when you do the 5:2 method and you refer to 16:8 etc, you mean you don’t eat for 16 hours then eat your 800 cals in an eight hour window? Thanks in advance for any advice! P.s I’m inspired by some of the amazing losses people have had on this forum and how determined you are to change your life. I have always been really greedy, serving big portion sizes and never feeling full even when I’ve eaten a massive plate full of food! I’m not massively overweight, 3 stones, and I’m not diabetic nor pre-diabetic (was tested recently) but wanted to make changes as I get older (I’m 46 and female) Sorry for the long post!!! 😀

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi HandP – welcome to the BSD and the forum. That was by no means a long post compared to some! Snacking can be an issue, but it’s not completely taboo on the BSD, as long as you account for the calories within your 800. However, it’s better if you can wean yourself off the snacks if you can, so that you can make the most of your meals. Bear in mind that carbs drive hunger, so once your body has adjusted to the low carb regime, you will find yourself satisfied with the meals you are eating on the BSD. Be sure to include enough good fat in your meals, as this helps with feeling satiated and staying feeling that way for longer. Yes, 16:8 does refer to extending the overnight fast to 16 hours and having an 8hr eating window. As you get used to the Fast 800, you may be able to extend your overnight fast still further.

This forum is a great resource and I encourage you to join any of the threads you feel relevant to you and you’ll receive a warm welcome I’m sure. Consider joining on of the challenges, either a week or four week challenge, as these help to break down the 8 weeks, making things feel a bit less daunting. It also helps to keep you focused, making you accountable and you will find support, encouragement and celebrations when appropriate.

Best wished to you for success on your BSD journey and I hope to see you out and about elsewhere on the forum.

Please log in or register to post a reply.