New to this and need any help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chick
    on

I plan to start the bad plan tomorrow 2/3/17. Any advice for first week off anyone? Thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi and welcome Chick, I think your auto correct turned us into a bad lot but we are okay really. There is so much advice to be given from what to eat, what not to eat, drinking plenty of water, having good fats and oils and so on. If you have the book read it. Organise yourself by deciding what you are going to eat and shop for everything you need. You might want to clear stuck from your kitchen or at least put it away out of sight. Get yourself set up with a calorie and carb counter so you know exactly what you are having.

What not to eat: white starchy carbs, so no bread, cereals, potatoes, rice, pasta, sugar and obviously no cakes, biscuits or pastries. No processed foods.
    Eat; Any meat, chicken, fish, most dairy products but stay away from ‘low fat’ or ‘low sugar’ as they contain other things, so go for full fat Greek yoghurt (no fruit flavoured ones), cheese, full fat or cottage, cream cheese, butter (no margarine) full fat milk, cream, crème fraiche. Non-starchy vegetables of which the list is endless, try spinach, cauli, cabbage, red peppers, courgette, kale, spring onions, remember things like avocados and nuts (not often due to high calories) and olive oil.

Read the book and read posts similar to your own, people will already have given lots of advice in different threads and if you have anything you are unsure of just ask.

Hope that gets you started so good luck.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Chick – if you are not following the recipes in the book, my advise is to keep it simple in the first week, so you have a chance to get a real handle on how the BSD works. Sunshine-girl has given some excellent advise on do’s and don’ts here as well, so hopefully you have enough information to get started today.

Make good use of the forum – there is a search box in the top right corner of the page, so that you can find threads where specific topics have been discussed, but if you have something you can’t track, shout out and someone will respond. There’s a great bunch of people on here, all happy to off advise, support and encouragement and if you ask, someone will respond for sure.

Finally, remember to keep us posted on your progress, as we all love a reason to celebrate!

• posted by EugeniaCole
    on

Hey wish you all the luck

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Forgot to mention eggs and mushrooms, my go to breakfast is grilled mushrooms with olive oil and a poached egg on top, only around 80 calories depending on size of the egg.

Please log in or register to post a reply.