New to the BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Hi all, I’m fairly new to this diet so joined this page for some ideas. I’m pre diabetic but my GP surgery are not being very helpful with their suggestions – just got given the traditional ‘healthy’ plate diagram and told to lose weight! I know already how sluggish I get eating any carbs which I explained but it made no difference. My difficulties will be fitting it in with my lifestyle as a single working mum – not the only one I know so after tips on breakfasts and lunches I can have at work when all I have access to is a microwave I share with lots of other people lol. I’ll be reading the recipe pages with interest. Thanks for reading 🙂

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi TiggerB,

Breakfast ideas:
    – plain full fat yoghurt sprinkled with cinnamon, berries, walnuts , pumpkin seeds and sunfloweer seeds.
    – Eggs in any form. Add bacon for variety.
    – Sardines.

Lunch at work:
    – (You may have to invest in a lunch bag cooler) Salad in one container. Small container of 1 serve olive oil and lemon juice (if the container is small enough it will fit inside the salad container). Add some protein (tinned salmon, boiled egg, legumes, etc)
    -A hearty home made soup (make it yourself as it’s cheaper, can be frozen and you know the ingredients) – if you don’t want to heat it up at work, invest in a wide mouthed thermos and take it ready to eat.

Emergency BSD rations for if you’re hungry between meals:
    – Serving of nuts/seeds.
    – A piece of fruit.
    – A small portion of cheese.
    – A boiled egg.
    Remember to drink water.
    These are just suggestions TiggerB.
    Remember the 3 principles of the BSD (BSD, exercise, mindfulness meditation). You can start with BSD and slowly incorporate the other 2 when you get the hang of the BSD.
    Enjoy your BSD journey.

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Thanks, a good start 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.