New to the BSD and a question on calories….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MatildaT
    on

Hello all,
    I have literally just signed up here. I want to loose quite a lot of weight and I need to loose about 1.5 stone to get down to a healthy weight. The prospect of doing the 800 per day BSD is quite daunting but I have decided to do it for the initial 2 weeks and then review. My problem is this, I am away overnight at my parents tmr. It will be much harder to keep track of the calories I am consuming when not in my own kitchen! I have already cut out starchy carbs (but not legumes and lentils) so I think my carb count is OK but I think I may end up eating 1,000 or even 1,200 on the Sunday. If I get right back to the BSD on Monday do you think this blip will have a huge impact? Should I re start the initial 14 days from Monday?
    I did consider delaying but that seemed silly, I just want to get cracking! I hope this makes sense, any thoughts or advice gratefully received.
    Matilda

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Matilda and welcome. I think your instincts are right just to get cracking. Life tends to get in the way of a perfect set of circumstances for starting, so there is no time like the present! Just try to avoid the main sugar/carb traps at your parents and press on. It might mean that you discard slightly less weight than otherwise, but that makes no difference in the long term. After all, you are not looking for a Guinness Book record of how much is discarded in x days; rather shifting to a healthier way of eating, so just do the best you can.

You might consider skipping the Sunday evening meal if you really want to launch in guns blazing!

You will find lots of like-minded people on the website – particularly on the thread “One week at a time” – so join in where you feel at home. Best wishes.

• posted by MatildaT
    on

Hi Caronl
    Thanks so much for your sage advice. I am going to get cracking as discussed. Any weight loss will be great so I won’t beat myself up if the first week isn;t huge. Luckily I don;t have a sweet tooth and I think I will be OK avoiding carbs. My worry is that my family will BBQ!! which will present temptation but that’s life!
    Thanks again, have a lovely weekend.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Matilda, BBQs can work just fine – if you stick with the leaner grilled meats, green salads etc and most of all avoid the baked potatoes and sugary sauces. Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.