New Scientist

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Natalie
    on

There is an article in this week’s New Scientist magazine (Australian) which talks about how weight loss surgery should be included as an official treatment/cure for Diabetes Type 2 because of the amazing results they are getting. Maybe someone needs to mention to them that you don’t actually need the surgery – just the extreme diet you are put on after it. But I guess they get more compliance from people who have had their stomach stapled.

• posted by Frog
    on

I worked with someone last year that had had some form of bariatric surgery – her weight loss was amazing, but i couldn’t help thinking that if she’d cut to the portion sizes that she was eating post surgery she’d have lost weight anyway. And she still seemed to eat really daft things – pizza, chocolate and sugary yoghurts, just minute quantities.
    I didn’t quite get it, but hope its working well for her.

Please log in or register to post a reply.