New bus departing 1st August

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KittyTT
    on

Morning – I’m on day 2 of Fast800 and wondered if anyone wants to jump on a new August bus with me tomorrow?

I’ve got a lot of weight to shift, so I’m looking ahead 12 weeks to 23rd October, but will most definitely need to go longer and would love to be at my target weight by end February. I decided to start Fast800 a couple of days early after seeing some awful photos of myself from my holiday last week!!

Current stats: 90.9kg (14st 5lbs)
    Current feeling: light-headed, missing sugar and caffeine. I think I need to up my water intake! Regularly checking the clock till 10am when I’ll be devouring overnight oats 🥰 I’m sluggish and if I’m honest with myself, it’s a bit of a heave ho effort to get off the sofa. I desperately need to improve my fitness, as I’ve got a young DS who is very active!

Target weight: 58kg (9st 2lbs)
    More realistic target weight: 62kg (9st 11lbs) – this was my usual weight before having DS 4 years ago and since then I’ve ballooned!!

• posted by Zara22
    on

Hi there,
    I’d like to jump in your bus! I too have ballooned over the past 5 years. My old “happy weight” was also 58kg, but I’m now over 80kg. A bit too scared to weigh myself & psyching up to do it first thing tomorrow morning….
    Will let you know how I go, but I like your goals & would love to aim for the same. I’m in Australia, so here goes for a new start in less than 12 hours – 1st august!
    Strength in numbers right? Hopefully when I wake up, we’ll have a few more members on the bus!
    Hasta manaña…

• posted by Zara22
    on

Hi there,
    I’d like to jump in your bus! I too have ballooned over the past 5 years. My old “happy weight” was also 58kg, but I’m now over 80kg. A bit too scared to weigh myself & psyching up to do it first thing tomorrow morning….
    Will let you know how I go, but I like your goals & would love to aim for the same. I’m in Australia, so here goes for a new start in less than 12 hours – 1st august!
    Strength in numbers right? Hopefully when I wake up, we’ll have a few more members on the bus!
    Hasta manaña…

• posted by KittyTT
    on

Hi Zara 👋 Welcome aboard and good luck for your first day!! Excited to have someone to share the trials and tribulations with 😂

I’m missing a proper cup of tea!! I stuck religiously to my meal plan for 2 whole days and haven’t crumbled yet. Each completed day makes me feel stronger!!

Do you weigh every day? I was 90.9kg this morning. I’m hoping for at least 0.5kg off in the morning haha. I know it’s water weight to begin with, but it makes me happy 😊

I’ve got a delicious salmon bowl for my first meal tomorrow and then a stir fry pork for dinner. Yum, I’m already excited 😆

• posted by KittyTT
    on

Morning check in… 90.3kg 👏

I don’t feel particularly hungry this morning, which is strange, as I’m usually ravenous!! The hardest part so far is not unconsciously eating DS’s leftovers 😂 And just picking nice food from the fridge or fruit bowl!! I’ve thankfully caught myself just before gobbling up this stuff mindlessly!! There’s no doubt how I’ve ballooned lol

• posted by Zara22
    on

Well done Kitty!! That’s a huge loss in just 3 days! I’m taking a more relaxed approach this end. Only going to weigh in once a week & couldn’t do without my tea/coffee, so including skim milk & just following the recipes from the book. I’ve tried & failed so many “diets” in the past that this has to be a permanent lifestyle change & not another “diet”. If I’m too strict I know that even if I achieve the goals I want, I won’t be able to maintain it long-term & will rebound even higher than before. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been, so I’m determined to get it right this time! Enjoy your healthy meals & your success so far. Well done!!

• posted by Zara22
    on

Well done Kitty!! That’s a huge loss in just 3 days! I’m taking a more relaxed approach this end. Only going to weigh in once a week & couldn’t do without my tea/coffee, so including skim milk & just following the recipes from the book. I’ve tried & failed so many “diets” in the past that this has to be a permanent lifestyle change & not another “diet”. If I’m too strict I know that even if I achieve the goals I want, I won’t be able to maintain it long-term & will rebound even higher than before. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been, so I’m determined to get it right this time! Enjoy your healthy meals & your success so far. Well done!!

• posted by KittyTT
    on

Morning 👋 Day 4 today. I’m feeling good, not hungry, which is actually quite empowering. I’ve started waking up at 5:50am, which is odd though, as usually DS is my mini alarm clock at 6:30am. Maybe this is when I should exercise 😂 I’m not quite there yet with that though. Planning to start HIIT workouts in a week or so.

Weigh in this morning: 89.8kg.

I’ve repeated yesterday’s meal plan for today. Highly recommend the salmon salad bowl from the red cook book. It’s really filling and very delicious!!

Have a great day!!

• posted by xTracyMFx
    on

I am running madly to catch the 1st August bus!…… Is it OK to still jump on? I have all my MM books out ready to plan 🙂

• posted by KittyTT
    on

Hi Tracy – welcome aboard, choose a comfy seat 🚌 Is this your first time doing Fast800?

I feel great today. It’s day 4 for me and I’m not hungry and feel good.

I just got back from dinner out with my husband and my sister… they ate amazing curry, rice and naan bread. I ate nothing 😆 Just drank a giant bottle of sparkling water and the owner of the restaurant made me a lovely masala tea that’s not on the menu cos he felt sorry for me 😂 I told him I was fasting before an op, which is obviously a fib, but the “I’m on an immensely strict diet” just seemed really weird, given I booked the table!! Good news is that I didn’t want the food, I knew it tasted delicious, but I didn’t feel particularly tempted 👏

Back tomorrow with my morning weigh in 👋

• posted by mini-me
    on

Can I hop on please? I’ll find it so much more fun with company. Feelings pants that I wasted previous hard-won weight loss, this time it is for keeps!

• posted by xTracyMFx
    on

Hi Kitty – thanks for the welcome. 🙂

Well done on your approach when dining out!

Over the last 30 years I think I have tried every diet going, including this one. I am very good at talking the talk, but not so good at walking the walk!

For health reasons, it really is now or never. I spent this afternoon looking at all of the different ‘diet’ options in great detail, some for about the 100th time (slight exaggeration, but honestly I don’t think there is one diet that I have not considered/tried) ….. and I reached the conclusion earlier that this one – the Blood Sugar diet, is the best one for me to go with. Then, I came across this thread and the accountability factor of starting on this journey with others ‘on the bus’ is what convinced me to head in this direction :-)……….. so thank you so much to those who have posted on this thread!

So … just the small matter of 5 stone to lose ( how on earth did it come to this!!!).
    I have got my bus pass and I will be on it with you tomorrow. x

• posted by KittyTT
    on

Morning new bus buddies 😊

Welcome Mini Me!!

I’ve got 5.5 stone to shift Tracy, so we’ll be doing this marathon together 😂 I’m hoping end February for my target!! Have you had any thoughts on timeline? I know that I’m giving myself 4 days over Christmas for gorging haha

Morning weigh in: 89.5kg. My tummy is significantly less bloated, which I’m so pleased about!! My size large skinny jeans feel fine. When I was 93kg last week, they felt very snug!!

Have a good day all. I’ve got smashed avo on toast with walnuts for my brunch, then baked salmon and broccoli & pea mash for dinner. Happy with those meals 🥰

Would love to hear what everyone else is eating? I’m following the meal plan at the back of the red book!! Wondering if a cheeky free trial on the Fast800 plan would let me download more meal plans and recipes??

• posted by xTracyMFx
    on

Morning !

February would be amazing – I will be 60 ( I cannot believe I am saying that!!) at the beginning of next May and I would love to reach target by then.

On the menu today is watermelon and feta with pecans (looks soooo pretty on the plate lol); Spicy lentils in red peppers from the Blood Sugar recipe book, and green veg.

Interested to know what you think if you do try the on line Fast 800.

Have a good day all
    xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.