Need reassurance- is it safe?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi all, I started the diet proper yesterday, after cutting my calories from the day before afternoon and reading the book thoroughly- I use fitbit and myfitnesspal linked usually- when I tried to ‘complete my diary’ yesterday it wouldn’t accept 802 calories saying it is too low to be safe- I was half expecting that bit it made me feel nervous nonetheless- would love some reassurance please!

Also- where do I find this weekly thread that I have seen mentioned a few times?

Thanks.

• posted by EC
    on

Hi Tulip1-many just ignore the “complete the diary”. It will still save your entry and go forward each day. Be reassured it’s safer to be healthy!!

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Thank you EC 😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Please don’t worry Tulip, you will be quite safe on 800 calories, as us oldtimers can attest. This restriction is for a limited period and at some point you will be going into maintenance, increasing your calorie intake whilst still keeping control of the carbs. It does feel daunting when you first begin the BSD and it’s quite a steep learning curve, but once you settle in, it will all begin to make sense and become second nature.

Why not join us on the weekly thread, where you’ll find loads of support, encouragement and experience based knowledge and advice. There are people at various stages of their BSD journeys on the thread, some just starting out, some returning and others in maintenance. This week’s thread has 1st June in the title …. and I know you’ll be made very welcome if you decide to join in.

Best wishes….

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi SunnyB- please can you tell.me where to find the weekly thread? Is it in one of the forums? Thanks 😊

• posted by Tulip1
    on

And thank you for your reassurance re the calories- so far I am finding it ok, but only on day 2 proper!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Tulip, go to the Forums sign on the top row of the main page, when you click you will find All Recent Topics. The weekly thread always starts with ONE WEEK AT A TIME followed by the date it starts – so this week started on June 1st and runs for a week.

Please log in or register to post a reply.