My Journey

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by On-a-Mission
    on

Well my third week started last Friday. I have lost a total of 11.2lbs which I am very pleased about but the past 3 days I have lost nothing despite sticking to it like glue so feel a bit despondent. However, 11.2lbs is more than I have ever lost in such a short space of time so I slap myself!

My sugar was 5.8 this morning. It has been in the normal range for over a week now, and the evening has been normal for even longer. My bp is down to normal range although I am on tablets.

My surgery rang me on Friday for my annual Hba1c test as it is now due. I am not going to do this until I have at least 12 clear weeks on this and I will explain if they call again. I can feel a bit of a row ensuing but what the heck. It is my life. On this note too, if my Hba1c test is very good I am wondering whether to ask to have the ultimate fasting blood glucose test (which is what diagnosed me with Type2) again. Will they allow this? it is only a blood test, drink a sugary drink and another test so surely it can’t be that expensive. If no, can I get it done privately? hmmmmmm. Why do the GPs not seem to realise the benefits this can have on diabetes? I feel leaner, I can feel my middle has already lost as clothes are much looser there and apparently that is the main place we need to lose it – visceral fat?

It is very hard to find yummy meals without carbs isn’t it. It does seem to get boring. I can’t do all the meals in the books but thinking I will have to look more into it. Omelette and salad tonight.

Please log in or register to post a reply.