My Fitness Pal

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zandranna
    on

I’m today just about to start the 800 blood diet but I have been a member of myfitnesspal for a long time.

I’m pretty good at filling in my daily food diary which I keep open for all to read and I do use the personal blog that is supplied with our accounts.

If anyone else is on myfitnesspal and wants a new friend over there please do click to friend me. I would be great to be able to support each other.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/zandranna

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Will look for you there – I also find it a great tool! Keep up the good work!

• posted by Zandranna
    on

It’s great to link up with you over there. Thanks for friending me. I’ve been struggling over there on my own for a couple of years now.

• posted by JoJoBonetto
    on

I will add you too later. I am Josephina Bonetto on there. If anyone wants to add me they can. I haven’t joined the group yet.

• posted by CrescentMoon
    on

Looking forward to finding you all there!
    I know it’s early days for us all but do any of you have any idea what kind of macro ratio we should be aiming for? The default 50% carbs is probably too much isn’t it?
    Today so far mine are 74% fat, 22% protein and 4% carbohydrate (based on a cheese and onion omelette for brunch).
    Haven’t started the diet proper yet but beginning to follow the principles. Waiting to start it with my mum over half term and I will be curious to see what the macros look like!
    Would anyone care to share their recent macro stats?

• posted by Pollyanna
    on

Hello everyone. I’ve just joined the site today & am finding this forum an excellent source of advice so far. However, I haven’t been able to find an answer to my question about My Fitness Pal. I have been using it to record my 800 calorie intake since Monday but when I click on ‘Completed’ at the end of each day, I get a warning that my calorie intake is too low and it will not give me the usual projected weight loss. I can see why they’re alarmed (eating disorders etc) but is there any way round this?

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Pollyanna

Welcome!
    I have the same problem too – one suggestion is to click on quick add calories for 200 cals each day before you click on ‘completed’. That should solve the problem! That said, I shouldn’t get too hung up on the projected weight loss thing as it is so individual and not an accurate guide really – we all lose weight at different rates. I normally don’t bother.

I am emi1997 on MFP if you want to friend me there – there is also a BSD group, but the founder of it seems to have gone off the radar recently.

All the best in the journey – I have lost almost 10kg so far. And shape is changing. And most importantly, after fhe first few days, I have not been thinking interminably about food, which is my normal state of mind on a diet!

Julia

• posted by M.
    on

Hi Pollyanna (and everyone else)
    I have written an email asking Myfitnesspal if they would consider making the 800 calories BSD an option for 8 weeks so people who are following this don’t get a message every day telling them they are not eating enough! maybe if everyone who is using it sent a similar message they might make it possible……….
    M.

Please log in or register to post a reply.