My Fitness Pal – help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lowenna
    on

Stupid question but how do you get Fitness Pal to track the carbs target you want. It just keeps telling me I need to make carbs 50% of my intake

• posted by perforatededges
    on

I remember ages ago when I did it seriously you had to log on the computer and change all your settings… also google it, I remember trying to work it all out and google helped…

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Lowenna

If you go to MY HOME on MFP and then GOALS, you can edit your goals.

You could fiddle with the percentages until you get your carbs to your target.

What I did – you don’t have to do this, but it’s interesting – is to look at http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com and enter your stats.

It will tell you what your resting metabolic rate is (i.e. what calories you need to keep the same weight – surprisingly low!) and also how many calories you need with your exercise level.

It will also help you gauge what body fat percentage you have.

If you then put in what carbs in grams you want to target, it will tell you how much protein and fat to balance to 100% and then you can put these percentages (or as close as you can get them) into MFP.

This site will also do a forecast of your weight loss for you.

Hope that helps 🙂

• posted by Frog
    on

thanks igorasusual – had another play with the calculator
    It got upset when I put in 800 calories, said it was too low!
    good tool though – and I have my correct body fat% from y super duper new scales
    I thought the resting metabolic rate was interesting – mine is 2081, so every day I manage 800, that’s a deficit of nearly 1300!

• posted by karenv
    on

You can get a ‘premium’ My Fitness Pal account (you pay £39.99 for a year) and then you can put in custom goals etc. I have this and I find it quite useful. But it is a bit expensive, so you can just use the free one and then when you do your diary just don’t hit the ‘complete this entry’ button and then you can enter 800 cals for the day and it’s OK.It will show you at the bottom how much carbs protein etc you have eaten to date in the day. Hope this helps!

Please log in or register to post a reply.