My experience over 9 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jimnz
    on

I started the 8 week programme on 16 March 2016. It has been an easy way of life for me. Breakfast usually consists of a portobello mushroom grilled, with a little olive oil in the cavity where the stalk was removed, and one egg scrambled. Delicious!
    This is followed by a cup of black tea and a glass of water.
    Lunch is mostly soup and an an apple and another glass of water.
    If I feel the need for an afternoon tea snack with the coffee, I eat a few black olives; two gherkins and a dessert spoon of cottage cheese.
    Dinner is mostly a mix of stir fry vegetables : onion, two garlic cloves, cauliflower, broccoli, red or green capsicum (thinly sliced),carrots, some cabbage (also thinly sliced). This mix is done in olive oil, with a glug or two as the cooking proceeds. Half of a tomato, seasoned with a little salt and black pepper and a glug of olive oil is placed in the benchtop griller.
    This is all served with a small amount of meat (chicken, beef schnitzel, lamb chop etc.) There is usually sufficient left over to fill two small takeaway dishes and placed in the freezer for another night’s quick meals.
    Another glass of water accompanies the meal. Dessert is a few frozen blueberries topped with a little Greek yoghurt.

The result of all this is that I have managed to lose 10.2 kg in 9 weeks. I go back to see the GP on Thursday and I hope that I will be clear of Type 2 diabetes then.

This is the way I intend to continue. Thank Michael for your inspiration.

Jim

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hey Jim
    Well done, that’s brilliant 😀
    I bet your doctor will be thrilled! The more that get to know what is going on with this diet and how well it is working and helping with the type 2, the better. Let us know what the doctor says. Do you have much more weight to lose?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Jim
    Wonderful results for you, if your doc isn’t impressed by that, bin him.
    I really hope your blood sugar results come back as well as your weight loss has. Make sure to let us know, anyone who manages to get a diabetes reversed decision is a cause for celebration in my eyes.

• posted by orchid
    on

Well done Jim, great results, well done! Please let us know if you are confirmed as clear of T2, as Bill says the more confirmed there are the better the chance that this approach can be pushed out through as standard in the future.

• posted by jimnz
    on

As I reported in another thread, I went to see our GP this morning. My HBA1C reading is now 40 or 5.8 – depending on which scale you use. He told me that, with that reading, I had moved from being diabetic to being pre- diabetic. I had already sent our doctor Michael Mosley’s great interview on SBS Australia. After seeing it, he discussed it with his dietician wife. Initially scathing about the low carb – high fat diet, she now has her entire family – including our Doctor on the diet. He too enjoys portobello mushrooms grilled with scrambled egg on top for breakfast. Next target for me is to get the HBA1C score to under 39 and that, according to our GP, will be normal.
    My wife and I were so encouraged to hear the news.

Jim

• posted by Bill1954
    on

What a cracker Jimnz
    if you have your doc and his family eating this way, it’s a certainty that he is recommending this way of eating to others
    Well done you, you may have inadvertantly saved some lives 🙂

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

That reading of 5.8 is brill but I thought you may have been non diabetic not just pre diabetic with it being so low
    Great result

Please log in or register to post a reply.