My Daily log to losing 40kgs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigmama99
    on

hi. i started a thread in the ‘new to bsd’ but after being on this now for 2 weeks i thought it best to continue my log in this thread instead.
    Started on 26th Feb’16 at 117.7kgs
    Week 1 – lost 4.4kgs
    Week 2 – Will weigh in tomorrow.

I will log here daily to keep me on track and also for me to look back on when im struggling to see how far i’ve come on this journey.

• posted by Alex49
    on

Hi big mama, w2d1 for me. Weigh in this morning and no change from Thursday, though have to say I’m not surprised as I had a stressful weekend and overate calories, but kept carbs low. However, drank nowhere near enough water so will fix that this week. Good luck for tomorrow’s weigh in x

• posted by bigmama99
    on

main thing is your still here alex and this week is a new one so hopefully you can get back on track again. being stressed always causing me to overeat too so it’s understandable you went off track… we just have to look at coping mechanism to change our habit of comforting ourselves by eating food or drinking alcohol to get us through things but its easier said than done !

• posted by bigmama99
    on

W3D2 – Tuesday weighin – current weight = 112.3kgs.
    This week I’ve only lost 1Kg so a total loss for 2 weeks of 5.4kgs (11.9lbs).

• posted by Alex49
    on

Well done bigmama, 11.9lbs is a great loss in 2 weeks ( I measure everything in bags of sugar!!) and good motivation for you 😊

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi both of you
    Have been awol for 8 days, but week 3 weigh in and total loss since starting 4.8 kg no loss this week but don’t deserve one, loads of probs one that seriously irritated me, ate some naughty carbs not even lovely ones 🤐 and well here I am after ONE DAY of being back on plan, I’m hiding the 🧀
    But I do remember going of plan on week 3 last time, strange.
    Anyway see you are both doing okay, I am aiming for 1.2 k to take me to 6 k by next Wednesday
    Ooh feel better already in control again, writing on this forum is one major factor for me to make it happen. Thank you BM for starting it 💃💃💃🤐🤐🤐💃💃💃

• posted by Alex49
    on

Weigh in day for me…day 11 and another 1.6 kgs off, 2.7 in total. Not as much as I expected tbh, but I definitely feel like I’m losing the inches, especially around my stomach. I’m off alcohol totally as well, so if I go a bit over on the calories to compensate I don’t mind. I want to be healthier, and not drinking will definitely help my motivation to eat healthily too. Hope you all are having a good day 😊

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Alex. A half pound a day is an excellent result! Long term, keeping alcohol out of the equation will be a big
    asset on the journey to weight loss, so congratulations to you on making this commitment. Keep posting, so
    that we can celebrate each success with you 🙂

Allie

• posted by bigmama99
    on

hi Janet & Alex good to see you both here 👏👏👏. I’ve struggled this week as ive been on a training course for 3 days and things have just gone to pot 😭😭.. going to sort my self out again and make this week a sort of 5:2 week and start again from Monday again properly. I am out with friends tomorrow and Sunday too but i did do 800 cals on Mon this week so this is how my brain works and i havent failed yet cos I’m doing a 5:2 this week and i will stick to 800 cals today.. hope you all have a good day. x

• posted by Alex49
    on

Good for you bigmama. I think the key to this is remaining flexible or we won’t stick with it. It’s not a diet it’s a way of life and if some weeks don’t go as well as others then that’s life too. Onwards and downwards. 😊
    I noticed this morning that I’ve dropped 2 belt sizes…amazing result after 12 days 🎉🎉 have a good day y’all xx

• posted by bigmama99
    on

thanks Alex for your support i just got to get organised again..
    well done Alex on losing 2 belt sizes thats a brilliant nsv.
    I still think I’m struggling with only eating 800 calories cos in my head i keep thinking its not enough and im going to make myself Ill eating so little… I know I’m being daft and i will do this.. I have been taking daily vitamins so still getting my nutrients so I know I’m not going to get ill .. I just need to trust it !

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi BM and Alex
    It’s awful isn’t it this plan makes you feel amazing when it’s going well, but if I touch the refined carbs my control goes out the window at the rate of knots, last week was BAD very bad, but it’s as you say a plan for life.
    I felt the same about being concerned about getting ill on 800 cals, but one of my triggers to start when I started in June 16 was that I was being investigated for S.L.E. Also a fatty liver, and pre diabetic I felt like the living dead. within 5 weeks of being on the plan my symptoms and my fatty liver had all been reversed, and all my bloods were normal. and I felt wonderful 10 years younger.
    I’m aware from watching these forums for a couple of years, that this plan is ground breaking in its anti inflammatory effects and as long as we are sensible is the plan for life for me.
    Eating 800 cals won’t be for life just while we are getting the fat cells emptied out 💃💃💃 And man oh man I have a party shed full of those little mothers, we are in it to win it 🎉🎉🎉
    What’s keeping me focused is thinking about when the warmer weather comes which won’t be long revealing myself slimmer than I was before I started, or I might be a courgette underneath, hehe
    Stay focused girls, it might be the weekend but it’s always followed by a weigh day on Monday and my bad week won’t get in the way of that I’m making sure if that🤐🤐🤐
    Keep posting here it helps us all stay focused

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Woo hoo
    108.6 just over 5 kg lost great boost to keep me focused this weekend, hope it’s a good one for you both to
    🙋 jan

• posted by bigmama99
    on

nice one Janet.. so pleased you are still losing x yesterday didnt go as planned and i ate some battered fish…. omg how Ill did I feel last night after eating it… I suffer from IBS and since starting this diet i havent had stomach troubles at all… but yesterday it was like old times and i felt so Ill i had to go to bed… it just shows that fat & carbs dont mix well with me and low carb is better for me.. I will get back to this diet again from Monday as ive such a busy weekend coming up and not the best time to restart again. hope you all have a good day x

• posted by Alex49
    on

Well done Janet, 5kg loss is a brilliant result xxx
    Don’t beat yourself up bigmama, learn from it and move on…we can do this xxx
    I’m bein a rugby widow today…im at my caravan with hubby and rugby is on until 6.30 tonight. The weather is absolutely pants too so there isn’t really anywhere to go. The urge to comfort eat is HUUUUGE 😕

• posted by bigmama99
    on

Alex hope you managed to resist the boredom temptations yesterday… the weather is horrible here and we have lots of snow again !

Yesterday I was out with my friends for the afternoon and lovely food was eaten & alcohol was drunk. I feel so bloated & my stomach hurts so much now that I’ve been eating the wrong stuff again that I’m going to try to get back on this WOE today as hate feeling like this and i know it’s food causing it. I’ve just got to remember this feeling when i think I need off plan food again and whether it’s worth feeling like i do now! its my weigh-in on Tuesday so I need to get my act together and get this excess weight off..
    Have a lovely sunday all x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Well good intentions said bye bye made a Thai curry divided it up into 4 measured portion and as it was so lush I eat two 😳😳😳😳 then thought I would have a 25 g bar of mr Roth dark choc with salt 130 cal 13 g carbs and eat 3 😮😮😮
    Piggy Wiggy is on the loose honestly I’m bbbbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopeless,
    Worst thing is there still one bar left and two more curry portions 🤢🤢🤢
    On a lighter note it’s so cold here our pipes are frozen for the fourth time this month ⛄️❄️☃️ So johns outside with his blowtorch again
    Keep posting it can’t be worse than my binging, at least if we are typing we aren’t eating 💃💃💃
    Hope you both have a better Sunday 🙋 Jan

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Well just to reinforce my off piste eating I thought I would fill out my MFP diary for yesterday, I’d forgotten that we went to a village where they make the most enormous even for my appetite Belgian bums with fresh cream, they are silly cheap and I always have one. Well I bravely told John “ no just get one for yourself “👍
    Got home he eat it while I had an avocado and feta cheese mash with lettuce 😺
    So what happened to my mind, curry that’s what I can’t resist it, anyway my cals were 1729 and carbs 147
    So I’m going to think about how I can turn from an extremely controlled happy BSD peep into a cal munching machine, there has to be an answer 😳😳😳

• posted by bigmama99
    on

thanks Janet for letting me know it’s not just me that goes off track…. we can do this.. I totted up my calories yesterday and it was 2600 so a lot worse than yours ! but we are still here.. I could have quite easily thrown the towel and said this doesn’t work….. but i know it does and it’s me that is stopping it from working and trying to make excuses for it. Let’s take 1 day at a time and see how we get on x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The ‘not just me that goes off track’ in your post caught my eye, bibmama99 and please be assured there are very few of us who haven’t strayed whilst on the BSD. There are one or two very determined and strong willed folks who have manage it, but most of us have struggled at some point and fallen off the wagon during the process. However as the say goes, ‘it’s not the number of times you fall that matter, but the number of times you get up.’

One day does not define your eventual success, unless you allow it to completely derail you. For me the beauty of the BSD has always been how easy it is to get back to and how forgiving it seems to be. Ignore yesterday – it happened and there’s nothing to be gained from beating yourself up about it. Refocus and start afresh – you’ll get there.

Hope both you and greenjanet will manage to rein in your carb monsters soon and will be posting some really positive results. As you say, one day at a time and if things go wrong today, tomorrow is a new day, a new start and an opportunity to make it count.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yep
    Doing it together, she says confidently as my tummy is full of poached egg and swaffham sizzlers, yum it’s sausage Sunday this week 💃💃💃

• posted by bigmama99
    on

thankyou SunnyB ..that has really helped and i just got to keep going… so far ive had 200 calories and lots of water so going to plan so far and this will allow me 600 calories for a lovely evening meal x

• posted by Alex49
    on

Hi guys…im away this week so am being a bit more relaxed, staying within general guidelines… I know I will go over calories but that’s fine 😊😊

• posted by bigmama99
    on

have a good time Alex 😁… I’m away next week mon-fri in a forest lodge with hot tub.. . so I won’t be counting calories either but will be sticking to low carb next week instead.

• posted by bigmama99
    on

R1W4D2 *weigh-in * – today i weigh 114.7kgs 😔
    I Started on 26th Feb’16 at 117.7kgs
    Week 1 – lost 4.4kgs
    Week 2 – lost 1kgs
    Week 3 – Gained 2.4kgs
    Total lost in 3wks = 3kgs (6.6lbs).
    I will put last week behind me but I’m shocked that just a couple of days of eating normally has caused so much weight gain so quickly !!. i will start afresh this week as nothing i can do about it now !

• posted by bigmama99
    on

today is R1W4D3… yesterday I managed to stay low carb and my calories were about 1100 calories so I was pleased with that as feel im getting it under control again… today as long as I stay under 1100 & low carb i will be happy x

• posted by bigmama99
    on

Why is dieting so hard!! why cant i stick to it.. I do this everytime i try to lose weight…. I go in all guns blazing for a couple of weeks then it all sizzles out and I’m back to square 1 again. I feel so disapointed in myself 😭. I am on holiday next mon-fri so I think I am going to just stick with 5:2 until that is over. try do sat & sunday at 800 cals… then eat to my tdee mon-fri and then do next Sat & Sun at 800 cals days so that I don’t feel like I’m completely throwing in the towel.

• posted by Alibobs
    on

Hey, hey, hey! Go easy on yourself. Beating ourselves up is nearly always counter productive. You’ve worked hard for weeks and nothing can take that away from you. It happened. You succeeded in those weeks.. You will succeed again.

Now it sounds like you have a plan. Good. Get back on that horse straight away if you possibly can. Each morning can be a fresh new start if we’re willing to grab hold of it. Thinking of you. Al

• posted by Madmare
    on

I agree with Alibobs

Beating yourself up just makes things worse.
    I have fallen off the BSD wagon and bounced back so many times I should be called Zebedee so I know what I am talking about!
    Tomorrow is another day – take a deep breath and off you go.
    Its not easy but its worth it and so are you

Madmare

• posted by bigmama99
    on

i am on holiday this week… i will be starting this woe again on Saturday.

• posted by Alibobs
    on

Enjoy your holiday!! 😉
    (Don’t go too crazy though – my scales charged me a heavy price for 4 days off the wagon, and I only went truly crazy on one of them!)

• posted by Alex49
    on

Hi all, first weigh in for 10 days due to holidays and I’ll. Lost 2.1 kilos, which is great since I was without food or body scales the whole time. I feel so much better sugar free and at the moment things are going well. I’m now 110.8 and looking forward to losing the last kilo to get me below 110kg for the first time since I can remember. Stick with it Big Mama, this was never going to be easy…but it is so worth it. Hope you have a great holiday x

• posted by bigmama99
    on

well done Alex for losing weight whilst on holiday… I unfortunately did not 🤣.. but im not surprised as I wasn’t even trying too.. last Saturday i weighed 115kgs and this week I’m 115.2kgs.. I suppose it could have been a lot worse!
    So today I’m starting low carb / intermittent fasting again and this time my hubby is joining me. He weighs 126kgs and it’s all around his waist so definately needs to lose weight too.
    Im hoping because we are doing this together we might be able to stick to it longer.. We are also going to the gym today too to kick Start our exercise routine again ! We are going to ease ourselves into this plan initially by doing 1 day at 800 and 1 day not counting but sticking to low carb to see how we get on. so we are going to try “Every other day fasting” for now and then change to every day when the time is right.
    Wish me luck !

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, Bigmamma, it’s good to see you back on the forums. Having your husband on board and in need of weight
    loss too should be a great support to you! I am confused as to why you’ve chosen to eat a maintenance diet 4 days
    a week, though? Have I missed something?
    Best of luck,
    Allie

• posted by bigmama99
    on

I’m not going to eat maintenance calories but im only going to count calories every other day to start with… just to get me used to the reduced calories again. I’m taking small steps this time to make sure i stick to it… I’m still going to stick to the NO refined carbs or sugar rule 100% on all days.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I hope this is successful for you, Bigmama. Wishing you and your husband the best 🙂 Temperamentally, I am not
    suited to changing things up every other day, so even 11 1/2 months into maintenance, I don’t see the 5:2 as
    working for me. Knowing ourselves well is a gift, so keep going, and make frequent use of the forums. It’s the
    secret weapon we all share!

Best,

Allie

• posted by GrannieAnnie
    on

Hi bigmamma99. Are you using the BSD recipe book? I don’t mean the Meal Plan, jus the book. It really helped me when I got started to bulk cook and portion things up and freezing so that there was plenty of variety available all the time. By the time defrosting and reheating had been done there would be a huge plate of green veg ready to bulk it up. Over the years I counted calories and just couldn’t face it again so don’t bother at all now. I had a massively successful loss last year (65lbs)… totally caved for 4 months, put back at least 14lbs and am now back with it and determined to lose 28 – 35lbs by August. Hopefully we can help each other along the way, although I probably won’t post more than once a week! All the best for this next week.

• posted by bigmama99
    on

thankyou grannieAnnie & good luck with your plan to lose weight too 😁.. I’m sure if we stick with it together we can do this !

• posted by bigmama99
    on

As i failed my 1st round on this WOE.. i am now starting again so im now on my version of this woe..
    R2W1D3. Yesterday we went for a run outside for just 15mins… it was freezing so think I will stick to indoor on the treadmill till the warmer weather comes.. food wise i made a big turkey easter dinner.. but i didn’t eat the potatoes/stuffing or yorkshire pudding so all on plan.. I was more impressed that my husband didnt eat them either so his head is really in it. I had got hot chocolate fudge cake for dessert (my favourite) but i didn’t have any either & i wasnt tempted by the kids easter eggs..
    I have made stock from the bones and will be making a turkey & veg stew/soup today from it so it will be a very cheap day as we will only be having all our calories in the evening today.
    Exercise wise today i am planning on walking round the shops Haha.
    Have a lovely easter Monday everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.