My 8 wk diary from Sat 30 April

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MooLoc
    on

I’ve seen other people post this & am now thinking it will be quite useful to look back on.
    First week done. Wasn’t starving. Had a few late night hunger pangs so did have a teaspoon or two of peanut butter or half a banana.
    Kept to less than 50g carbs each day.
    Lost 7lbs overall.

• posted by Maryphil
    on

WEll done MooLoc – I started the day after you and done 11 days. I have lost 3 kg so far and like you have felt a little hungry at times but overall have found the diet doable. I’ll be interested in following your progress!

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Thanks Maryphil – hope you’re doing ok on week 2!

• posted by MooLoc
    on

Week 2 ended yesterday & I was disappointed to only lose 1lb, in fact the scales moved down and then up again. Whilst I was over the 800 on one day when we ate at friends I’d been good all day before that and felt it was a lot of denial and commitment for a small loss …BUT… today on the first day of week 3 the scales moved another pound. So still a small loss for week 2 at two pounds but I feel happier.
    Having lost 7lbs in week one I had hoped for 4lb this week and therefore a stone by week 3/4. I will have to be patient!!
    Still, 9lbs in two weeks is fab! Well worth it.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Many people do have high losses but there are just as many of us that only seem to lose 2/week. Many people seem to have weeks when they don’t lose at all, then other weeks where they lose more than their average. It’s worth getting this in mind now and trying to be at ease with it.

9 lb in two weeks is pretty awesome!

It doesn’t matter what diet I do, my losses are typically slower than most. My body must just like being a tortoise! But you know that story of the tortoise and the hare?

I lost 6 lb’s week 1, then 2 lbs week 2, then 2.2 lb’s on week 3. Week 4 is almost at an end and my scales only show 1 lb so far.

The thing is, it doesn’t feel like denial to me. I’ve jumped in with both feet. I love this way of eating, I feel better and I’m excited about food again instead of the world of confusion I’ve lived in for years. Trying to find what might work for my particular body was tricky… I have IBS, no gallbladder, wonky ovaries, high risk of type 2. I tried to get targetted advice from a professional dietician but really all she gave me was the generic advice. It didn’t work. This works. It might not be as fast for me as it is for others, but I’ve made my peace. I hope that you find yourself feeling the same 🙂

• posted by Maryphil
    on

Done 2 weeks & have lost 4 kg. LIke you MooLoc I wish it would come off faster but I am not unhappy with the loss & think if I have same over 8 weeks it will be great! Hope you are finding it not too taxing. Most days I am going Ok but I do miss toast and vegemite (an Australian must ) at breakfast! Well done on your losses so far and it’s nice to know someone else is doing it the same time as me.

• posted by Frog
    on

I haven’t started yet; I read the book a couple of days ago, and thinking “after my birthday… holiday…”, so lurking on the forum for inspiration
    I had a really foul restaurant meal on Friday evening (it sounded good, even healthy-ish on the menu) that was still making me feel grotty 24 hours later, so I may get started very soon & just work around the birthday! I guess the way to think of it is that if I started now I’ll be 1/3 of the way through 8 weeks by my birthday, half way through by my holiday,

I’ve found that I used to loose loads when I first started a diet in the first week or two, but this has become less common as I’ve got older – well done Moolock, MaryPhil & Izzy.

• posted by Maryphil
    on

HI Frog, Izzy and Mooloc
    I was wondering how you are all going? Frog I hope you are into the swing of it now and losing some weight. MOoloc I’m a bit like you at the moment – my weights coming off slowly and seems to go up and down day by day. I am glad I came back to the forum because I see on May 11 I had lost 3 kg and now I’m down 5-6 kg more. Which means it is working and my clothes are looser. At the moment I seem to be hovering around 84/85 kg – I’m going up and down between these weight. 85 kg is my nemesis – I want to get past it once and for all!! Has anyone else had this difficulty with stalled or very slow weight loss? I’m going to keep on with it and hope it will starts to come off again soon. Anyway I hope you all are going well and keep positive – Maryphil

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Maryphil
    Another Aussie here!
    I’ve lost 11kg in 7 weeks😀
    The first week was 4.6kg and last week was 0.4kg and the weeks in between have been anywhere from 0.9 to 2kg.
    I’m pretty much doing the same thing week in, week out, it’s just what happens. Please don’t get discouraged, follow the plan and it will happen.
    Good luck
    Linda

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Maryphil
    It’s going OK thanks for asking – so you’ve lost nearly 9kg altogether – that’s fantastic!
    I stayed at around the same weight for ages, but it’s finally started shifting – On Sunday I did an eight mile walk, and really increased the volume of water that I drank (+ a couple of diet cokes!).
    Today was day twenty – so when I weighed myself this morning 19 days – I’d lost 4.7kg – not brilliant, but OK.
    I haven’t measured myself again, I’m saving that for 1 month, but today I fished out old jeans that I don’t think have fitted for about five years. Much more comfortable than the old ones that I had to keep hiking up every five minutes.
    My sticking point for the last few years whenever I’ve dieted has been 100kg; I hovered around 98-99 for about ten days, but now nearly 97kg, so really pleased to have cracked that.

I ate a piece of cake today – but didn’t have lunch and ate less for supper, so a bit high on carbs, but I think within 800 calories still. I didn’t walk as much as yesterday, but around six miles – so hopefully that will counteract the cake! Kayaking and a gym induction tomorrow – I really want to keep up the exercise quota.

• posted by Maryphil
    on

Hi Linda and frog Thankyou for your words of encouragement – it does make a difference when others share their experiences and thoughts. It is great when clothes you had trouble even doing up before now fit, Keep up your good work and look forward to hearing about your achievements.

Please log in or register to post a reply.