My 2nd attempt

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Well the caravan trip is over and we are back home. I wasn’t very successful with my first attempt, although my BGL’s did come down, and I did lose some weight, but I want more!!! I want to get my BGL’s controlled once and for all and lose more weight πŸ˜€ So, at home I have more food outlets (fresh is best) and started again yesterday. I weighed in at 81.7kgs and fasting BGL of 8.5. Today I weighed in at 81kgs and fasting BGL of 7.2. So already I have lost weight and BGL is down. Wish me luck this time aroundπŸ˜‰

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Good luck, Sue – follow the BSD guidelines, be inspired by the posts here, persist and you will win!

There are so many inspirational success stories here, it’s worthwhile hanging on in there, and getting back on the wagon even if you have a blip (bit of a mixed metaphor there, but you know what I mean)!

And you’ll be feeling better too. What’s not to like. πŸ™‚

Very best wishes to you

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi CaravanSue, you don’t need luck just commitment and a good amount of involvement in searching out the nutritional data to make it a permanent memory item so as you will not have to weigh after a short while. The number of attempts don’t matter. Just reducing carbs is enough to get you motivated when you see results that will spur you on to a full blown BSD experience. Happy eating, keep posting.

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

I totally agree that I have to be committed and only I can do that 😁 Thanks for your support!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi CaravanSue,

It’s great to read your posts again. BSD at home…shops….scales….tape measure…..24/7 internet access. Absolute luxury after your outback trip.
    Yes, it’s up to you but you’ve always got your fellow BSDers on the forum threads for support.

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Thanks weighin next Monday all good for now

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Fasting BS on Tuesday was 8.5 Wed was 7.5 Thu 7.3 and today 8.0 WHAT’S going on. I also feel quite light headed?

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

I just had to let you all know that today I have reached my first goal πŸ˜† I have l Iost 10% of my original starting weight which was 86kg so now 77kgs. BSG’s still all over the place though.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

What great results CaravanSue. Congratulations. I think some people’s blood sugars take longer to stabilize than others. Have you been using a food diary? I’m just thinking that if you record everything you eat and record your BGL’s beside it, if it’s food related you may be able to work it out. BUT, it may be a metabolic thing and the longer you’re on the BSD the more stable they’ll become.
    I enjoy reading about your progress.

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

Thanks Switzerland
    Yes, I have kept my food diary religiously and cant seem to find a common food that sends my BGL’s up. I am not on sny medication either so I figure if I get more weight off it should stabilize. But, I am so happy with the weight Ioss I am going foward.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

This is a lay person’s reply but maybe it is that your liver and pancreas are still getting rid of fat/sugar (or something like that).
    I also thought that if the BSD way of life is just that, you stick with it like you said and eventually it all levels out.
    Happy BSD journey.

• posted by Epspecially
    on

Wahoooo – go CaravanSue!!

• posted by CaravanSue
    on

OMG !!! I so need to tell all those who are struggling with T2. I am always starting and restarting this new way of eating – I go well for a little while and fall off the wagon and start again. I travel around a good deal and enjoy the social side (yes wine as well) of it. My last 3 Monthly check was after being on the road for a few months and results were not good Fasting Glucose 7.6 but, TODAY 6.0 !!! And all other readings in the normal range. Since I had my last test I have bought a Fitbit and have upped my exercise program. I now walk 8kms each morning and do at least 250 steps each hour. I cook from Dr Mosley’s cook book and enjoy most of the meals. My Dr was absolutely gob smacked and couldn’t believe how I had done so well in such a short time. I said I owe it all to Dr Mosley! SO…..if you fall off the wagon don’t give up, just get straight back on to it – don’t wait till tomorrow, do it straight away and don’t beat yourself up. Ohhh life is good – can’t wait to see what my results will be in Feb with my extra exercise regime. Woo hoo πŸ˜†

• posted by Snoop
    on

Brilliant news! Congratulations. Great for you and very inspiring for others.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

CaravanSue, that is very encouraging for those who keep stumbling on this diet, even small steps can have big results. I reduced my BG from 8.2 to 6.7 after only 6 weeks of the plan. I have another test due in 4 weeks and hope to be down to 6.0 so still keeping on keeping on…..

Please log in or register to post a reply.