Mushrooms

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Shazz
    on

Hi all, I started BSD on Good Friday and going great so far with a loss of around 3.5kg to date.

My problem is mushrooms. I usually just leave them out, but there are some recipes that use Portobello mushrooms as a base instead of bread. Is there anything I can replace those with? Preferably something that will not take too much time to prepare.

Thanks !

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Shazz, I can only think of one meal where breakfast includes stuffing a portobello mushroom with spinach and cream cheese (from memory). I love mushrooms but not so keen on plain spinach so I just eat something else. There are lots of other things to choose from but there might be someone who uses a mushroom substitute. If you could give some examples of the recipes (I have all the books) maybe we could make some suggestions.

• posted by Shazz
    on

Thanks. Its the Portobello recipes on pages 192 ,193, and 203. All in the first book.

I made the recipe on pg 203 in my first week, but didn’t use any base so it was a bit lacking, although nice.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi Shazz, you could use chicken breast flattened out (but more calories), or a slice of ham, or pepper halves or courgette boats or tomatoes?

Lauren

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Brilliant ideas Lauren. I have my own favourites so not familiar with these. Going to take a look.

• posted by Shazz
    on

Thank you Lauren, they are great ideas ! I’ll give them a try !

Please log in or register to post a reply.