Motivation please, after going off the rails :(

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LochWatcher
    on

Hi

Have had an excellent 19 day run since starting the BSD losing 7lbs and then lost it today as had a wedding event and ate all day ๐Ÿ™

Really want to get back on track, but worried I will be super hungry the day after and may not have the will power!

Anyone else got successfully going again after a hiccup who can offer me a bit of help to get on the programme!?? I really want to stick to it!!

Thanks so much ๐Ÿ˜Œ

• posted by Michael Rolls
    on

One day isn’t the end of the world. If you’re hungry the next day – try and eat gently, but tell yourself – and mean it – that it’s just a minor slip up and you WILL be back on track in a day or two. You WILL succeed – I’m not even going to wish you luck, because I know you don’t need it!
    Mike

• posted by SunnyB
    on

We all transgress from time to time, after all life happens and we are only human. There will be times we find ourselves eating or drinking more than we intend at a function, or find the options available don’t meet BSD requirements and have to eat something we wouldn’t normally. Beating yourself up about it isn’t helpful, as it feeds negativity into your mind set and makes it more likely that things will go badly wrong. So, Michael is right, forgive yourself for yesterday and just start afresh.

One day will not impact hugely on your results and a chunk of any increase on the scales, will most likely be water retention anyway. So, today get back to the BSD proper, drink plenty to keep your hydration up, if you are really hungry have a little something with a reasonable fat content, as this will help stave off the hunger – a few nuts, a small cube of cheese or even a coffee or tea with a teaspoon of cream helps.

I was out for an unplanned meal last night and although I was very cautious and only had very limited carbs, I wake up hungry this morning, where normally I’d get up and not need to eat until about 14.00. So rather than struggle and then possibly go mad eating too much later on, I had about 80g kefir with a little frozen lime grated into it. That’s put the hunger monster back in it’s box and I can face the rest of the BSD day with ease.

Like Michael, I’m confident you can survive this just fine and will be completely back on track in no time.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I second the above suggestions. To paraphrase Franklin Delano Roosevelt, it’s not hunger you have to worry about; it’s worry. The obsessive thoughts about what you’ve done wrong and how it’s going to ruin everything will drag you down far more than any real tummy rumblings, so just cast them aside right now. Draw a line under the day and move forward. That’s in the past. Focus on what you’re doing now and control what you can control, namely the things you chose to eat. If you’re hungry, eat fat, fiber or protein. Count and measure so there are no surprises. You’ll be absolutely fine.

• posted by LochWatcher
    on

Thanks Mike, SunnyB and Esnecca

Wise words – about the eating and the psychological side of it.

I am doing okay today as it is 4pm now and I have only had a small dish of sauerkraut today so far!! Still not really hungry, so think I can get through. Next I just have to grit my teeth and get through a BBQ I am going to tomorrow!!

Thanks so much for the motivation ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Try to stick with plain meats if poss – i.e. not marinated or coated ‘cos it could be sugary – avoid sausages if you can, due to possible carby fillers and fill up with salad and of course steer clear of potatoes, rice, pasta and sauces. Don’t be frightened to have a glass of wine if you want one. Relax and have a good time.

• posted by LochWatcher
    on

Thanks SunnyB

Yes, sticking to plain meat and avoiding sausages.

You are so right about me relaxing a bit – I am rigid and then when I lose it – I lose it!!

X

Please log in or register to post a reply.