Monday 23rd April start

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mollster
    on

Hi, I’m ready to start tomorrow. Excited but also really nervous as I have a really bad relationship with food. My weight has climbed steadily over the past few years and I now weigh an embarrassing 16st 4lb. That’s 6 stone more than I weighed before I started piling on the weight. I’m hoping that I can find some buddies on here so that we can support each other and do this! Xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi there, Mollster, and welcome to the community! Congratulations on making the decision to transform your life 🙂
    If you think 16st4lbs is embarrassing, what do you think of 20st5lbs??? All true! That was 22 months ago. Today
    I’ve maintained a 148lb loss for just over a year, and sit comfortably at 9st12lbs. Anything and everything is possible
    with this way of life (WOL). Have a look through the thread entitled “Swing Into May, the Low Carb Way”. It’s a 4 week
    challenge, with a great mix of experienced BSDers, those half way to their targets, and newbies. It’s only been running
    for 6 days, and you can count on receiving a very warm welcome. With any new endeavor there is a learning curve,
    and one of the best ways to accomplish it is join a lively and busy thread. I hope to see you there!
    Very best of luck to you 🙂

Allie

• posted by LauraBear
    on

Hello,

I am also going to start tomorrow or when I get my books delivered on next day delivery. We can be start date buddies 🙂

I wondered if anyone has advice for a PCOS sufferer? I noticed Someone mention low carbs. A lot of the PCOS threads are quite old.

Thank you in advance, looking forward to making a positive change.

Current weight: 236lbs/16stone 12pounds/107kg
    Height: 5ft 5inch
    BMI: 39.3

Target weight: 140lbs/ 10 stone/63.5kg
    Target BMI: 23.3

• posted by Juss_185
    on

I’m starting tomorrow too. Tried a couple of times in the past but fallen off the wagon. I need to stick to it this time. Currently weighing in at just over 14 stone! 😲
    Good luck! Juss 😊

• posted by trulose23
    on

Hello All,

Well after hearing of my own sisters success with the diet, I’ve decided to give it a go as well and ditch the spare monster truck tire that has appeared. Currently weigh in at 95.7kg /15st/210lbs at only 4″11 1/2 so I am quite determined to give this a real go. I’ve dieted before and never really stuck with it, but in this case, I know for a fact that I can no longer continue the way I am, especially if I’m to have kids someday which is the dream at the moment.

Reading the stories have been really motivating and inspirational so thank you!

• posted by Squidge
    on

I’m starting again today. Just to reassure you, the ‘again’ isn’t because it didn’t work!

I started in January and lost enough to get me, just, inside the healthy weight range. Then I took a break and just maintained that weight loss. Now I’m back to shift a little more, to hopefully put me in the middle of the healthy weight range for me height – and then to stay there.

If you find the first few days tough, do try to stick to it. Honestly, it’ll be worth it. If you can cut out the sweet, starchy stuff for a little while, you’ll soon find you get used to it and no longer crave that kind of food. I found that during the first week I was sort of mourning all the things I couldn’t eat – but that eased up really quickly. There are loads and loads of really nice things you can eat on this diet.

Do drink lots of plain water. Lots of people will tell you that on here and they’re right. It helps a lot.

• posted by Start tomorrow…
    on

Hey week oners
    I’m at the end of day one April 23 and got through it ok. Lots of reading and prepping to help set me up for success. Looking forward to checking in with anyone else that is new on program this week.
    Good luck

• posted by Beauindie
    on

Hi all, I started on Monday too. Weighing 105.4 kg, 163cm BMI 40, 55 years old… grim 😀
    I feel determined but have felt that way before, so will be taking ine day at a time. I want this so very very much. First 2 days have been fine, I have low carbed before and know it works, already feel less bloated. Have awful headache today despite drinking loads but I know it will pass. Sending all the good luck wishes to my April 23rd buddies… we can do this!!

• posted by Squidge
    on

Beauindie I had a headache when I first cut the carbs. You’re right that it will pass – and right to drink plenty of water.

• posted by Beauindie
    on

Hi all,
    How is it going? All good here, although I did have a Coke zero last night, which I was trying to avoid. My headache is a lot better today although still feel a bit ‘muzzy’.
    B. Greek Yoghurt and bluberries
    L. 1 egg omelette with 20g goats cheese.
    D. will be … salmon fillet, sauteed kale and broccoli.
    Hope everyone is doing well. My exercise this week has been rubbish , so definitely need to improve that too. Going on a lovely long coastal walk on Saturday, really looking forward to that.. even though I expect it will be in the rain!

• posted by LauraBear
    on

Hello, I posted to say I was starting at the beginning of the week and while that would have been perfect, we waited a little (for payday) and did a big shop to get organised.

My husband is joining me on this weight loss journey, he has around 6 stone to lose so we are in it together. In the past, I’ve tried doing things without him on board and it’s harder.

We officially started the menu on Thursday. My husband has done the majority of the cooking- he’s a great cook. We have followed the menu plan to the letter, I don’t necessarily like all of the things on it, or more likely- I’ve not had them before, so I’m being adventurous.

I had a garmin fitwatch but unfortunately the screen broke; so I went out to get a new one, accidental purchase of an Apple Watch. It’s heloed me keep track of my food, steps, exercise goals and water intake.

Some people have said they have had headaches, I’ve been drinking around 2.6- 3l of water a day. I have a Brita bottle that filters on the go and it’s ace. I don’t really drink anything else normally so just stuck to that and no cordial.

Last night I made some of the thin seeded crackers, I added rosemary and oregano and they were amazing.

Is anyone incorporating any exercise into their routine yet? If so, what you been up to?

What meals have you liked/dislikes?

Laura 🐻 x

• posted by LauraBear
    on

I forgot to say, we weighed ourselves this morning (out of curiosity) my husband is -4lb and I was -3lb.

I was a little annoyed as he has cheated, eating some of the left over chocolate and popcorn in order to get rid of it.

Typical!

• posted by AnnieW
    on

It’s not fair @LaraBear but men generally do lose more quickly than we do. Well done on your losses so far.

• posted by Lessmuffintop
    on

Hi
    If you don’t mind I’d love to join you as a starter. I did well at this and lost weight last year but have had a very bad couple of months in hospital with my mum eating hospital food – trifle and macaroni cheese! So need to go back to the drawing board and I need others at same time same way place to keep me going ! Hope that’s ok.

• posted by Start tomorrow…
    on

Hey everyone,
    That’s nearly the end of week one. How did everyone go? I managed 3lbs so pleased with that as a start. Haven’t found it too hard yet, keeping busy and kinda enjoying the food logging to stay focussed.
    Ready for week 2 and will try to add in some exercise too to keep things going👍
    sd

• posted by Lessmuffintop
    on

Well done start … that’s half the battle keeping going that’s encouraging you haven’t found it op hard !

• posted by trulose23
    on

Hi All, greetings again from a very wet and gloomy NZ,

Had quite a nice result after Week 1, down 1.3kg 🙂 did have a couple of bad days to make up for though as I had a couple of big events at the weekend (including wedding anniversary!) and there was a lot of food on offer. Tried my best to resist the temptation to gorge!

How’s everyone else been finding it? Are some of you guys doing it whilst working too? If yes, are you experiencing any headaches or lack of concentration?
    Churs,
    Tru

Please log in or register to post a reply.