Minimal weight loss!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MissKumquat
    on

Hi all…started the Bsd 7days ago – have stuck rigidly to it and done 10,000 steps per day but I’ve only lost 2 pounds. Feeling slightly gutted considering the hard work and I’m freezing all the time. Has this happened to anyone else?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Are you doing the 800 Fast or just the BSD (although i’m not sure what the difference is). How much do you weigh. I was 12st 10lb and only lost 3.5 lbs in week one. I know some people see losses of up to 10 lbs but turns out they have a lot to lose. Have you been dieting before you started this. Are you eating the right kinds of food and drinking lots and lots of water, are you peeing loads, how are your bowel movements. So many variables. You might just be unlucky and your body does not react in the same way as some others.

Don’t worry, stick with it and the weight will come off. Some people who lose lots in weeks 1 and 2 then go on to stick for a couple of weeks, we are all different. Keep up with it, it does work.

• posted by MissKumquat
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl…starting weight of 13st 9lbs, doing the 800 fast, drinking 2.5 litres per day – I am peeing gallons but nothing on the bowel motion front!!! Fingers crossed it will start to happen!

on

You have probably discovered the reason. You are not massively overweight, unless you are 4 foot 2. No bowel movement could be accounting for your lack of weight movement, you could add something like chia seeds or other fibre to help with that.

• posted by Avila
    on

2 lbs in a week is not bad – it may seem low compared to some of the larger figures people experience but remember that some starting this diet are doing so from almost twice your weight, so they will have a much bigger deficit at 800 cal so have bigger numbers, but as a % of body weight….

So don’t underestimate your losses, stick at it – celebrate it

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Definitely try upping the fibre though, maybe up the water as well and add a little salt to your meals if you aren’t already. I know from experience how weight loss appears to stall with constipation, even though the inches are still going.

• posted by MissKumquat
    on

Thanks guys…I thought the fibre intake should be ok as I’ve been only eating recipes from the book. I also have a personal trainer twice a week for an hour so I thought that would help. Can being on your period affect things?

on

Kumquat, if you are on your period you might get a big surprise when you are over that. It can put on between 3 and 5 lbs.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It can certainly cause extra water retention, I often used to get a weight gain or plateau when on my period.

• posted by MissKumquat
    on

That’s made me feel better…fingers crossed that afterwards I’m in for a surprise!

• posted by Daisymay
    on

Hi miss kumquat, I started 6 days ago and have not been either !!! I am drinking lots more water than normal around 3 pints minimum, peeing at least twice during the night, I have lost 6lbs so far and happy with that ( 12.11 start weight) proper weight in tomorrow but I am feeling poorly, lightheaded, wobbly and basically off colour and very weak. I am ploughing on as I really want to get off the 1 stone 11lbs I have put on since I moved full time to Spain. Does anybody else feel like this and will it pass, I have heard of carb flu but think that only lasts a couple of days, I felt fine for day 1 & 2 and not hungry either then it all changed Day 3 till now . Good luck everybody and I hope you feel better than I do xx

• posted by MissKumquat
    on

Well done! I’d be well chuffed with that – I also feel very weak and exhausted but hoping it will pass. Keep up the good work.😀

• posted by Daisymay
    on

You too, it has to work if we are doing it right a number 2 will help no end I am sure, let’s see what next week brings, don’t give up, best of luck xx

• posted by Clarity50
    on

Hi,
    I also started on the 01/01/16 but with a starting weight of 15st 6lb I was lucky enough to lose 11 lb in my first week however my diet prior to this was absolutely rubbish, all the wrong food and too much wine. I think the drastic initial loss is purely due to eating a sensible diet for a week. I suspect this will drop considerably next week but I have to say I feel much better already, skin is better, no headaches or light heads. I did speak to my doctor before I started and she suggested increasing the amount of calories slightly as I have also started the gym. I increased to 1000 by adding in an extra meal.

Keep going and good luck, just remember all these loses add up and provided you are enjoying the food stick at it.

Good Luck .

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Daisymay, that does sound like carb flu, not everyone suffers from it but some people have reported symptoms lasting up to a week before they abruptly start feeling better.

Please log in or register to post a reply.