Measure blood

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Is it important to measure blood with one those meters there’s some free ones on line are they all the same,ppl type 1 and type 2 ?

Not sure what I’m looking for,I thought doing some two hours after lunch to compare with my tests when I start this plan next week.

I hear morning readings can be erratic .?!

Any suggestion how to measure blood to compare to results when been on plan for a while sew very welcome

Thank you Alan (rambling)

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Alan, if you are in the UK and have to buy test strips, find out which are cheapest and get that meter.
    I can’t help with meters as I am in Aus and we usually can get free meters and pay only about the equivalent of 65p for two containers of test strips. We have a scheme where diabetes supplies are subsidised.
    Fasting blood sugar levels are useful, as are a random one a couple of times a week. Usually two hours after a meal or a bedtime one.
    I do a fasting one every morning and one bedtime reading each week, plus another after a meal. So one week might be breakfast, another week dinner etc. I usually pick a meal where I’m not sure how my body will react. So if the meal seems carb heavy or it’s something I haven’t tried before, I will test.
    Over time you get a good picture of how sensitive you are to certain foods, and what you can eat that doesn’t spike your blood sugars.
    A bit of a long winded reply but hope it helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.