Meal replacement or real food?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SCW
    on

Hello ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m just starting out on the BSD and have a couple of questions which I would love to get some advice on from this lovely group here on the forum.

I posted another question about porridg but I have also been toying with the idea of using meal replacement shakes for a couple of weeks to get started.

Does anyone know if you lose the same weight using real food or is the weight loss quicker with meal replacements? Or is it likely to just be the same?

Thanks for any feedback
    Sx

• posted by GrannieAnnie
    on

Hi SCW – I’ve been losing steadily since January 17. Loss to date is 44 and a half (very important!) lbs. Occasionally I use a milky-shake replacement if I’m in a real rush or just need a quick boost. I only eat twice a day – late breakfast (retired person’s perk) and dinner about half 5 – 6, so sometimes I might just have 1 scoop to keep me going. My daughter has lost 5 and a half stones on this diet and as a busy mum she keeps a tin of replacement shake at work and sometimes uses it for lunch. I read in the book that it was better to knock back a shake (at least you know you’ve had some ‘nutrients’) rather than miss a meal and cave later on.
    I have talked to people who did what you are suggesting but really, just get on the plan and enjoy the food! You’ll lose your weight and you’ll be posting your successes on here.

All the best.

• posted by SCW
    on

Thanks so much grannie annie! Your weight loss, and your daughter’s, is very encouraging…I have reread the book and think I will stick to food…I really like your suggestion of having some shakes on hand for busy periods. I’m definitely going to do that. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. ๐Ÿ˜€

Please log in or register to post a reply.