Meal plan help needed please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ymgirl
    on

Hi
    I am new and excited to get started – I have started to browse the Fast 800 thread as I believe if I am to succeed I need to commit. Is there a thread with meal plans listed? I would love to see what everyone is eating as I am concerned I will not have the ability to create the variety of meals.

I intend to lose 45 pounds but more importantly I want to show my partner this is a good diet for him – he is type 2 diabetic, taking metformin, blood pressure meds and statins but is not one to be told – I want him t join me but I know I have to show my success first which will draw him in!!

If you can point me in the direction of a meal plan thread I would be really grateful. Thank you and very best wishes to you for 2017.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi ymgirl – welcome on board!
    Hopefully you have the Fast 800 book, which contains a meal plan – if not, I would advise getting the book, as there is lots of useful info in there, as well as the meal plan and recipes. I’m not aware of there being a meal plan on the website, but there are recipes posted by members of the forum, a number of which have carbs and well as calories content stated. There are lots of Low Carb recipes and books available online as well, which would also offer you some additional meal options, however, for main meals, you can’t go far wrong in a good portion of protein – meal, fish, dairy – with plenty of green and leafy veggies.
    The important thing is to remember to keep calories as close to 800 a day as possible; try to keep carbs at 50g or less per day; keep well hydrated and be sure to include enough fat in your diet, as this is important for feeling full and staying that way longer. It also helps to kick start the fat burning process – counterintuitive I know.
    Hope the above helps, but shout out if you have other questions or need support, ‘cos someone is bound to make a response.
    Good luck to both of you – hope you achieve your goals.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi and welcome. As SunnyB says getting the book and cook book is a good idea. But in the meantime Google The Daily Mail as they have featured the BSD a couple of times. You may even find the article that features captain Lynne. Good Luck with your journey. I hope your partners comes on board.

Please log in or register to post a reply.