Mcdonalds!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KateHammond
    on

Hi guys!

Just popping in to ask if anyone has any tips to stop the fast food cravings?! I’ve been following the diet for about 10 weeks now & I’ve lost 2 stone. Obviously I’m thrilled with that & I feel so much better in myself. Blood sugar readings are also good. My issue is..McDonald’s! I end up with this overwhelming urge once a week probably. I cave in & I end up gaining 2/3lbs, it sets me back 3/4 days every week. It’s so annoying because I’m undoing all my hard work yet I can’t seem to control myself! Apart from that I love the diet & the recipes are very tasty, I’m just struggle to break this cycle. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
    Kate :o)

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just dont go anywhere near. You know yourself that it messes up your diet and puts you back a week so just dont do it.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Kate, sorry, that wasn’t very helpful of me. I have just been for a walk and it gave me a bit of time to think about your question. We all have our tipping points. Mine is white wine. So I thought what would I do. I still say stay away. If you have to walk or drive past then go a different way until you are able to resist. Think hard about whether you really want it. When do you get tempted, can you do something else or be somewhere else. You need to give yourself a talking to, look at the fors and againsts eating this. If you go on line and look at the menu it gives all the calories, fat etc in each item. Can you make a better choice i.e. have the salad with a plain chicken burger, have a beef burger but dont eat the bun. Quite often it is the sauces that cause the most calories, dont have any sauce. Try to think of it as the devil pulling you in a direction you dont want to go and think of the harm it is doing. It is not easy but at least it is not something that is in your face all the time. I have heard that if you imagine yourself eating your burger (or whatever), savouring it then you will feel like you have already had it and wont want it again. I know it is hard but your health and weight are more important and you need to take control. The more you eat the good stuff the less you will crave the dreaded McD.

• posted by KateHammond
    on

Thanks for your replies! I think that’s really good advice re imagining eating it & savouring it. I will give it a go!
    The stupid thing is I don’t actually live that close to the nearest McDonald’s. I live in a small rural village. when we first moved I just accepted we wouldn’t be able to have takeaways etc anymore as they are all too far away but for some reason I’ve started driving specifically to Mcdonalds which is ridiculous!
    Time to give myself that good talking to, haha!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Kate. Good advice from S-G. I have an occasional urge for a cheese burger. When I do, I grill a good quality beef burger on top of a slice of onion. Once cooked I add 2oz of cheddar cheese. In a thick cabbage leaf, I add the burger and onion, sliced up gherkin. It’s delish and gives me what I need. Some people add a squirt of mayo and a slice of tomato, but I don’t feel the need for that. I enjoy guilt free!
    Kazzee

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Could it be an option to look into the MacDonald business model further and see how bad it is for the planet on top of our health? They’re not even quality burgers as their meat is full of hormones.
    Just trying to get you to change your mind about them and maybe get repulsed by it 😅
    It works for me. I really think of MacDonald as a pile of rubbish not even served on a plate 😛

Please log in or register to post a reply.