Maintaining weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dietqueen
    on

Hi everyone
    I have been doing the bsd for three months and have gone from 13 stone to 11 st. I am not doing 5:2 but would like to know how to maintain my weight of 11 stone and not lose anymore. I have the book but am not quite sure what the maintenence plan is. Can anyone enlighten me.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Well, when I did the 5:2 last year, that was 600 cals on fast days for a man, the maintenance plan for anyone who had reached thier target using 5:2, was to do a 6:1 diet – one day fasting each week.

You say you are not doing the 5:2, so is it the Fast 800 or the Med diet you are doing?

• posted by Dietqueen
    on

Hi Ziggy
    I am doing the med diet. Enjoying it and feeling fantastic but as posted a bit worried about a maintenance plan.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Hi DietQueen (just had a burst of Dancing Queen by Abba with the word Diet substituted for Dancing) I think, like the people who live in the Mediterranean that the Med diet is supposed to be a diet for life !

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hello DietQueen

I have just hit my target weight, and am moving to maintenance.

I’ve been using the site below
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com

throughout the BSD to set my nutritional targets. If you enter your details it will tell you how many calories you need to eat per day to maintain your current weight, and you can set the number of grams of carbs you think you will want to eat and it will calculate how much fat and protein you should include in your diet.

I have kept carbs low throughout (20g per day) which really worked for me, and am now going to be increasing them to 30g per day to see how that goes, and increasing calories to 1500.

But it’s been very interesting to see how many calories I need per day – not a lot really – and I will be conscious to keep to that many.

I must say, today, starting on this, the 1500 seems like an amazing amount of calories to be able to have!

• posted by Dietqueen
    on

Hi Igorasusal
    Thanks for the link. The keto meter will come in handy. I also have dicovered that I do not need lots of cars about 30g. Have upped calories slightly and seem to be maintaining my weight of 11st. Have just had my blood sugar level retested and all is back to normal. Good luck with your maintenance.

• posted by Dietqueen
    on

Sorry. Igorasusual missed out the u on your name.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

No worries, Dietqueen – I only do it to confuse! 🙂

• posted by LauraLou
    on

Hi Dietqueen, you said you’ve been doing bsd for 3 months, is that the 800 calories please? I am on week 7 and I saw the Facebook post last week where they said not to do it for longer than 12 weeks and I’m worried about how I will keep loosing weight after that! Thanks

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi. Can I jump in?

I did the 800 calories for 38 weeks to reach my target weight on 10th September. Lots of us old-timers, the ones that started the BSD in the early days (I started on 19th December) have stayed on it for a lot longer than 12 weeks with no ill effects.

I have now lost 7 stone (98 pounds), which is 7 pounds below my original target. I still feel great, with all the positive effects of the BSD.

My suggestion would be, if it isn’t broken don’t fix it. If you feel well on the BSD, and still have weight to lose, stay on the BSD.

• posted by LindaA
    on

I haven’t lost as much as Lynne – 30kg over about 21 weeks and for the last 5-6 weeks or so on maintenance I’ve continued to lose whilst I’m finding my way with levels of cals and carbs. Refined sugars and simple carbs are no longer part of my diet and never will be again so I’m simply increasing my fats to increase my calories and continuing to eat med style.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Linda

Please log in or register to post a reply.