Lunches for fussy husband!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dearbecks
    on

Hello, we are starting the diet next Monday & im looking for lunch ideas for my husband. He won’t eat salads, soups or grains/beans so I am struggling for ideas. He also gets bored easily which doesn’t help! I’ve given him egg based lunches & leftovers from the evening before in the past but I was hoping for a few extra ideas. Thank you 😀

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi Dearbecks
    Welcome and good luck when you start the bsd on Monday. I hope you get what you want from it. You don’t say why you and your husband have chosen this way of eating – sometimes the motivation to achieve something can encourage people to try new things.
    I’m afraid I can’t be much help to you – I only cook for myself so I just make whatever I like – but there is a recipes section on this website which may be of help and the bsd book has some ideas too. Read through the book and see how you can adapt the principles of low carb/low calorie eating into your own lives – see what foods you already like to eat and explore how you can make low carb changes to them. Perhaps your husband would like vegetables instead of salad or stew instead of soups. Grains and beans can be very high in carbs so I have avoided them. Maybe start by sticking to versions of what you know and then you can be a bit more adventurous after you are used to the new lifestyle.

Best of luck on your journey and share your updates 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Nothing to offer on the possible packed lunches which aren’t egg based, but try doing a web search for low carb lunches and I’m confident you will be presented with lots of options. Hopefully there will be something to suit your husband’s tastes. Even better, ask him to do a web search and choose something he likes the sound of – that way, you don’t have to guess.
    Best wishes to both of you for every success on the BSD.

Please log in or register to post a reply.