Loss of muscle tone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Michael Rolls
    on

Just into week 6 and it dawned on me three days ago that my upper arms have lost much of what little muscle they had .Hurriedly added more arm exercises onto my exercise regime, but is this common? Since starting the BSD I have averaged a little under 60g of protein a day and wonder if this is enough?
    No problem with my legs – they benefit from regulat use of a treadmill (20 – 25 minutes 6 times a week).
    Mike

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Michael, if it is what we ladies call bingo wings, i.e. the underarm sways in the wind when you wave your arm to shout bingo, then that is lose skin and fat not lack of muscle tone. You would not lose muscle on this diet as it is quite balanced, all you have taken out are the bad carbs and you should still be eating meat, chicken, fish, eggs, cheese etc. Yes, you will need to do more triceps and biceps exercises. I do 100 reps of both using 1kg weights, do it while I watch TV, not working yet but I saw an elderly gent on TV who has taken up weights and even has a six pack to we could hope to improve a bit. Your body doesn’t choose to lose muscle in one place, i.e. arms but not legs, it is the amount of exercise, as you have proven with your legs. I do go on a bit, but hey ho.

• posted by Michael Rolls
    on

Thanks for that – it does look -or hopefully did look – as you describe – quite encouraging,. My own exercise regime is 20-25 minutes 6 days a week on the treadmill whihc is good cardio-vascular, etc, effort. I’ve had a bad back since 1954 – damaged it bowling in the nets – so do bending and stretching exercises advised by a physio to care for the muscles which support the spine, but they aren’t sort of generally ‘strengthening’ exercises, hence the addition of arm exercises for every session now, instead of perhaps one in three sessions.
    Thanks
    Mike

Please log in or register to post a reply.