Knee pain

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Velociraptor
    on

Hello!
    I’ve started on the BSD because my chocolate addiction was getting out of control. I’m not overweight but my waist is larger than it should be so I have at least 5cms to lose there. I’ve always drunk a lot of water and I’m keeping well-hydrated. I’m combining BSD with intermittent fasting, just because this is how I naturally eat, I’m happy with the foods I’m eating and the cravings are minimal. All good so far!
    I’m on day 5 and have had pains in my knees for the last 36 hours. I thought it was just my iliotibial band as it started on the outside of my left leg and I’ve had problems with this in the past when I used to run. However, my right knee now hurts, as well as both my ankles.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone explain what is causing this and/or how I can manage it?
    Many thanks!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Velociraptor, I doubt the pain is related to the diet with the caveat that our bodies can become very cranky when denied their “carb fix” so it is possible (if you have cut your carb intake severely) that your body is just generally complaining.
    The fact that the pain is generalized (now both knees and both ankles) makes me think it is likely generalized discomfort, not a specific issue.
    How about some cold/hot/cold therapy and some aspirin or similar — also a period of time (30 minutes) on your back with feet and legs elevated above your heart can help.
    Walking or biking, any movement will move blood and fluid out of and into your leg muscles — could also help.
    If it continues and doesn’t respond to these common sense treatments, go see a doctor to calm your worries.
    I hope it feels better soon!

Please log in or register to post a reply.