Keeping In Touch during Covid-19

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi and welcome!

This thread is in place of the regular monthly thread that has been running for some time now; most recently Motivated and Measured in March.

It’s for those who would like to resume serious Fast 800 effort at some stage but are currently in a “holding pattern”. Those who want to keep eating well, and sticking to BSD principles wherever possible, but who are not currently in the place to want to set goals or strictly measure carbs and cals.

Anyone is welcome here just to keep in touch, stay with the BSD during this time, and cheer each other up! As soon as life resumes some semblance of normality we will set up another monthly thread and take it from there. (For those that want a bit more focus on Fast800 during this time do check out the fabulous One Week at a Time threads that are still running in this forum).

Stay safe and well everyone, and do keep in touch X

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello and thank you dreamscometrue for setting up this thread.
    The Covid 19 pandemic has frightened me immensely and as a result I have felt it necessary to think about my nutrition and getting myself in optimum health to give myself a fighting chance when I get it. I am not weighing myself at the moment and am not even trying to lose any weight. . I am grateful that the hard work I have put in over the last three years has now got me into a healthy weight range. I will, of course, need to be mindful of what I eat whilst not weighing because I need to fit in my clothes but I don’t feel inclined to be strict with myself at the moment. I am trying not to comfort eat and am walking daily for exercise now that I am retired. My retirement plans are on hold but my alam clock is now redundant. I will continue to read the forum and follow your progress. Good luck everyone and stay safe in these unprecedented and difficult times.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks for setting this thread up DCT,
    Cathy I was sorry to read about your husband’s job. It’s good that you are retired now, even though it may be a little while before you can take your retirement holiday 🙂 I’m looking forward to retirement, although it’s about 5 years away for me still. I’m on leave at the moment and hoping to be able to work from home after Easter, especially as I have suppressed immunity.
    I’m also just focussing on staying well and eating healthily. I do still need to lose weight but I’d be happy to just maintain for now. I’ve been following the principles of BSD just not restricting calories. I do still log foods in My Fitness Pal though (old habits die hard!).
    On the tv today they were saying the lockdown restrictions could be in for 6 months, I sincerely hope not! I do appreciate being safe at home, but still, 6 months… I’m trying not to think about it and just focus on one day at a time.
    Take care everyone – we are all in this together, no matter where we are in the world.

on

Hi Cathy and Sue and anyone else reading this.

Just a quick check-in message to check you are all safe and well? I do hope so.

I’m doing ok and getting used to the new normal. I try to keep busy and positive. I love watching the news (always have) but am trying not to do that so much because you just get overloaded with information (or lack of it) and feel overwhelmed. I’m getting into a daily routine of getting up early to work, then walking the dog, then either doing stuff round the house or taking time to chill out without feeling guilty. I’m still aiming to eat and drink along BSD principles and doing pretty well most days. Would still like to lose more weight – around 10lb – so I do check the scales now and then, and am currently maintaining. But I’m no longer in a rush and am prioritising health and well-being (of which good nutrition is a huge part anyway!) rather than being completely strict.

Anyway, sending love to you two lovely ladies and to anyone else reading this. Stay well and stay in touch, and we’ll smash our targets once all this is over X

on

Hi DCT and Sue

All OK here thankfully. I am frightened of getting Covid and so am sticking rigidly to the rules. I go shopping once a week and that is it. Am feeling very lazy and don’t know how I ever managed to be at work at 7.45 am every morning! Am taking things leisurely and this week I have given myself a talking to and am back to following the principles of BSD. I am walking about 5000 steps a day which for me is brilliant. The injections I had in my arthritic toes means I can now walk relatively pain free. I am having coffee for breakfast and am being mindful of what I eat. I am not actively trying to lose weight but I don’t want to put any more on or else I won’t be comfortable in my clothes and I am NOT buying anything in a size 14! I am prioritising my nutrition and increasing my lung capacity by walking up steep slopes in the local park. I am asthmatic so I hope this is good for my lungs.

Let’s just take one day at a time like we did when we started together in January 2017. We have encountered a few blips along our journey together but this has to be the biggest one in my opinion. Being healthy has never been so important. Thank goodness we gave ourselves a head start by losing what we did during the last few years.

Wishing you both and anyone else who would like to stay in touch the best of health and well-being to get through the next few months in our own way and when we are hopefully through this we can resume our journey to goal weight once more.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi DCT and Cathy, glad to hear you are both well, you both have some very wise ideas there 🙂
    I too am shopping once a week, but am getting it delivered. I go for a walk to my local shops once a week also to collect mail from the post office, get prescriptions from the chemist, things like that. I wear a home made mask though. For exercise I’ve been doing the walk at home videos and today I also started doing laps around my garden. I walked for 25 minutes and it was 2,700 steps or about 2km. I’m going to aim for a 30 minute outdoor session each day and then also add in some indoor workouts, perhaps Pilates or something as well as the 15 minute YouTube walks. That should add up to an hours exercise per day anyway.
    I’ve got out of the habit of meditating so need to do that again, it was helping me stay in a good frame of mind when I was doing it before.
    Eating is ok-ish I’d say I’m sticking to plan 70% of the time, just a bit too much wine. It’s very tempting when my husband has a beer in the evening, I’m making sure I have every second day alcohol free though.
    My delivery came on Wednesday and I ordered lots of lovely fresh fruit and veg as well as chicken and some mince, so looking forward to doing some cooking this week, trying out more recipes from my Blood Sugar Diet and Fast 800 books. I made a lovely veg and chickpea curry earlier in the week, it’s surprising how far you can stretch a tin of chickpeas – I added all of the different veg I had left in the fridge before my delivery came.
    Work wise I don’t know what is going to happen. I was in a secondment part time role but that finishes next week and I really don’t want to go back to my usual full time role (due to health and personal reasons), I’m just going to play it by ear, there is so much going on at the moment with Corona virus my priority is just to stay as healthy as I can and to look after my family as well.
    I hope you both (and anyone else who is reading) have a lovely Easter, well as best you can given the circumstances and stay well x 🐣 🐣🐣

on

Hi Cathy and Sue, hope you are well? Hello to anyone else reading this too: please do post to let us know how you are X

I’m doing fine. No CV here touch wood. Sticking to the rules. I go out once a day to walk the dog : exploring new routes to keep well away form anyone else. Then the weekly shop, plus the odd foray to the pet shop (who operate on a one customer at a time policy). So am really doing my best.

This restricted way of life can really get you down but hopefully won’t go on forever. Isn’t it weird how we now look back on our old life (can you believe it’s only a few weeks ago!) as a totally different world!

Sue I hope that your work situation works out ok. I’m really lucky in that I do some freelance writing work from home which I can still do as my clients are all still operating. Financially I do need to do a bit more but will wait until some semblance of normality returns to try and build that up, as my spending is drastically curtailed at the moment anyway. So my new weekday routine consists of getting up early to do 2-3 hours writing then walking the dog then having the reminder of the day free to do stuff round the house/garden and chill out. Mostly the latter as I’m finding I don’t have much energy to do much else. Does anyone else find that? You have loads of good intentions and – theoretically – lots of time. But just can’t seem to get things done?

But I think now is a time to be kind to ourselves. Just do what we can, and allow ourselves to take the time to rest and relax.

Take care my lovely friends and stay well X

on

DCT and Sue and friends
    Lovely to read your update DCT. Like you, I am settling into our new, slower, way of life. I am now three weeks into my retirement and like you am staying safe, shopping once a week and going out daily for a walk. We are fortunate to live near a lovely woodland park and there is a beautiful lake and this year the blossoms are spectacular. Maybe, I’ve been too busy to notice them in the past!
    As for dieting, well, I am sticking to the BSD principles but have purposely not weighed myself! My gauge at the moment is my clothes. After wearing an NHS uniform for years, I am now enjoying wearing my own clothes since retirement some of which, I hasten to add are feeling a little snug! However, I don’t feel inclined to be too strict during the current situation and because I am walking about 7000 steps per day I feel that I am doing my best given the coronovirus lockdown.

I think this way of eating is embedded now and we know the rules. Weight loss is not my main focus at present but neither is getting too fat for my clothes. My main aim is to stay safe and optimise my nutrition and immune system. I am enjoying a lockdown lie in and taking life leisurely. My husband is home now as he is out of work and I was wondering if we would get on each other’s nerves but actually, we are enjoying our time together. The weather has helped us get through the first part of the lockdown and my house and garden have never been as tidy.
    Lovely to read how you’re getting through the day DCT.

Sue, hope you’re OK and keeping well.

Cathy

on

Today I decided that I need to get back to basics. I have decided to do an eight week BSD which will take me to my birthday. I have got my head around Covid 19 and the nervousness I felt when it first started in the UK when I was working and now that I am retired and socially distancing and following the advice to wash my hands and stay home I feel in a better place mentally to get back to taking ownership of what I eat. Still focusing on nutrition to optimise my chances should I be unfortunate to get the virus. The news that obesity plays a part has focused my attention on getting some excess blubber off. Also, I have got two lovely pairs of white jeans that don’t fit! I was going to put them on eBay then thought no…. if I do that and buy bigger ones then I am cheating myself. I want to be a comfortable size 12. So today I have been for my walk and stuck to low carb. I had cold pressed coffee with cream for breakfast, egg salad for lunch and for my evening meal I am having cauliflower cheese and two quorn sausages and some strawberries and Greek yoghurt. I went for my daily hour walk and clocked up 5300 steps. My toes can only manage that many steps but it’s about 5000 more than I did when I was working!. I haven’t been on the scales and don’t intend to go on them for a few weeks. I will use my clothes to gauge where I am up to and then may weigh myself mid May to see how I am doing in relation to where I was and where I want to be again! I did this before and so I hope I have the resolve to do it once more.

DCT and Sue I hope that you are both coping during this stressful time we find ourselves in. I have been reading the forum today and saw some familiar names of people who like me are trying to get back to doing what we know best.

Onwards and downwards hopefully now for me once again. I will be squeezing myself into those lovely white jeans slowly and surely week by week until they are comfortable once more. I should have been snorkelling in The Red Sea today but it was so hot in the garden this afternoon I was sitting in my shorts and t shirt and enjoying the wonderful spring weather so can’t complain about that!

on

Hi Cathy

So good to hear from you, and that you are back on track. Well done with your renewed efforts with diet and also upping your exercise. I’m sure you’ll be back in those white jeans very soon! Do keep in touch X

Sue hope you’re ok? Do check in so that we know how you are X

I’m doing well. This week I’ve really started to get my act together in terms of exercise. I’m doing a regular workout every day, supplemented by either another workout or weights. Am also feeling happy about my diet: I’m making conscious choices – even if they aren’t always the right ones. I still aim to lose another 10lb and would love that to be at a rate of 1lb per week but I know I’m not quite disciplined enough at the moment to expect that level of progress. But slow and steady will eventually win the race. I also follow the weekly thread to keep motivated.

Take care anyone reading this, and do post to keep in touch during Covid-19 X

• posted by caronl
    on

Just popping in to wish Clarinet Cathy lots of resolve and success. Your goal is well outside the realms of the possible for me – but I have some summer jeans that I want to get back into too, so will join you in a restart. I am trying to visualise reentry after lock-down liberation. And I definitely want to be back at my first choir rehearsal slimmer than I am now. DCT you sound very focused. Good luck too in your goals.

A friend shared a photo of Michelangelo’s statue David, alongside a spoof statue of “Covid”‘ – ie David with an excess 15 kilos. Made me laugh, but more than a grain of truth in it. A lethal combination of comfort eating and less movement must be resisted at all costs!

Stay healthy!

on

Caronl – thank you for your kind wishes. We both have the same goal- to get back into those summer jeans and feel comfortable. I’ve been sorting through my summer clothes this week and to be honest I look a dogs dinner in most of them. There’s nothing flattering about squeezing into clothes that are too tight. Those bulges don’t look or feel good. So whilst we are on lockdown I guess it’s the perfect time to make amends whilst nobody can see the bulges and when we get back to normal they’ll be gone. The Michelangelo spoof sounds like something that many of us will relate to. I know whilst I was anxious at the beginning of the Pandemic I thought what the hell and let things slide. It seems that there are a few of us making an effort to look positively forward to the end of the lockdown and get our resolve. Good luck to you Caronl. We can do this. Lunch today will be some cheese, celery and walnuts. No breakfast this morning just cold pressed coffee and cream (delicious).

Stay Home and Stay safe and keep well everyone and keep chipping away at the excess fat!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi all, thanks for asking after me DCT & Cathy, I’ve been unwell – Shingles – yet again! But could be worse given the current circumstances so I’m not complaining.
    Work has sorted itself out, I can continue to work from home part time for the foreseeable future, so that’s one worry out of the way.
    I must admit I have got used to the slower pace of life and I quite enjoy it. I feel like before I was always rushing around, always planning what I was going to do next or where I needed to be… and now I’m just at home every day. It was hard at first but definitely has got easier, if it wasn’t for missing seeing my family and friends I could do this isolation/lockdown for a lot longer yet!
    I can feel the ‘kilo creep’ – I have been wearing yoga pants and comfy elasticated waist pants and today I tried on my work pants which were tight. I stood on the scales and found I’ve gained 2kg so will work on getting that off. I’ve still been mostly tracking my food and I’d average about 1200 calories per day, but some evenings have been having a glass or 3 of wine and I think this, coupled with less activity has caused the gain. I’m not too worried though as I have been up and down so many times over the past few years!
    We are having some lovely autumn weather at the moment, warm sunny days and cooler nights, so I’ve been sleeping a lot better than I was in the summer, so grateful for that.
    Take care my friends and good luck with your reboot Cathy 🙂

on

Hi Sue- sorry to hear you’ve been unwell with shingles- I believe it’s incredibly painful. Great that you can work from home- the safest place to be. Kilo creep is very familiar to me too and so are tight trousers hence why I am back to basics. Because of the Covid 19 pandemic I lost the plot with worry but have calmed down somewhat and feel I need to deal with the kilo creep before it gets totally out of hand. I am heavier than I have been for quite a long time but I am getting to grips with my diet and by embarking on my 8 week BSD I hope to lose a good amount of the excess and be nearer to where I want to be by June. I am quite happy with plodding slowly and ensuring I keep well but I definitely want to fit into my clothes. I can’t afford to buy new ones and have no desire to go up a size. Thank you for posting on the keeping in touch thread. Stay safe everyone and here’s to happier and healthier days ahead for us all.

on

Hi everyone.
    Sue it was so good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your shingles, and hope it clears up completely very soon. But glad you have the opportunity to work from home now, and that you are able to take things at a slower pace.

Great to hear from you too caronl, and good luck with your restart. You can do this! Keep posting so we know how you’re getting on.

Cathy I’m really glad you are feeling calmer and getting focused again. Take it easy, and I wish you every success in your birthday journey. It’s mine next week, and my daughter is organising an online get-together so I’d better get dressed for a change 😉

Stay well everyone, and good luck with pursuing your goals this week X

on

Have had a good few days and have decided to fast until evening meal tonight. Will be drinking plenty of water today. I braved the scales this morning and was not impressed with what I saw so just as well that I am in the mood to get a grip of myself. . It’s really sad to see how quickly things have escalated out of control and the fear of Covid 19 made me lose my self control because I felt it didn’t really matter in the big scheme of things. I’ve put on half a stone and I’ve not really been too bad diet wise! Imagine the damage had I gone completely off piste for the last month! I am a person who looks at food and puts on weight. What a shame I’ve undone all my hard work and am back to it yet again, something I’d swore wouldn’t happen when I got to goal weight in October 2017. Oh well, trying times at the moment so I won’t be too hard on myself. I am heavier now I have been for a very long time since starting BSD so it’s a wake up call to get my books out and get back to plodding on with losing the excess weight I’ve gained due to my anxiety about Covid. I have learned quite a lot about myself over the last few weeks and I am very unhappy about how I’ve left myself down. Luckily, now I am not working I have time to readdress things and sort myself out. My goal for the following week is to get into ketosis and to begin a downward curve! . If I can lose 1 stone over the next 8 weeks I will be back to where I feel comfortable in my clothes. I am off to make a chart and will watch the pounds drop off slowly and steadily.

How is your reboot going Caronl? I hope, like me, you’re in the zone.
    DCT enjoy your online birthday celebration this week. Wear a party outfit!
    Sue, have you got the kilo creep under control? I hope you’re feeling better.

Let’s have a great week and I’ll be reporting back on Friday with hopefully the start of a downward curve on my chart!
    Cathy 🐢

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy – yes I’m starting to feel a level of control again 🙂 I had a shock when I stepped on the scales yesterday so spent some time putting together a meal & exercise plan for this week. Today I had boiled egg and avocado for breakfast, mushroom soup and a pear for lunch, and a lovely chilli with beef, beans and lentils for dinner. One upside to lockdown/isolation is having plenty of time to cook healthy meals 🙂
    I’m feeling a lot better too this week, the anti viral medication I’m on has helped with the shingles, it’s not nearly as bad this time compared to when I had it a few months ago (thankfully).
    DCT – happy birthday for this week, we have a few friends and family members having online celebrations. It’s Mothers Day here in a few weeks so I’m sure that will be an online get together too this year.
    I’ll check in again at the end of the week, take care all 🙂

on

Hi Sue just to see how you are? Hope you’re feeling much better now? Check in when you can do we know you’re ok X

Cathy hope things are still going well? And hi to caronl and anyone else reading this too. Hope all is well.

I’m doing fine. Had a great birthday week. Still managing to maintain but it’s time to start losing s but more. Will report back in due course. Am also on the weekly thread now and again.

Best wishes to you all X

on

(Sorry there are two versions of this: the earlier one was not quite finished and now I can’t delete it!)

Hi Sue just to see how you are? Hope you’re feeling much better now? Check in when you can so we know you’re ok X

Cathy hope things are still going well? Good luck with this next stage of your journey. And hi to caronl and anyone else reading this too. Hope all is well.

I’m doing fine. Had a great birthday week. Still managing to maintain but I’m half a stone heavier than this time last year so it really is time to start losing some of that again. Will report back in due course. Am also on the weekly thread now and again to try and stay motivated.

Best wishes to you all X

on

Hi DCT
    Glad you enjoyed your birthday week and well done on maintaining. I am back to BSD and fasting and walking and I’ve lost 2.2 lb in the last ten days which is disappointing but is a loss and I am determined to get back into my jeans for my birthday in June! .

I looked at my weight charts last night and it seems that when I got to goal in October 2017 I then went a few pounds below goal for a few weeks, then I got back to goal and maintained that for a few months and then crept up 5lb and maintained that for about twelve months and then increased by 1 or 2 lbs per month until now I find myself 12 lb above where I want to be. I am back on the weekly thread and will continue chipping away once again. I am sad that I’ve let things creep up and up and now I am having difficulty getting it off. It feels that I put more food out for the birds than I eat myself!

See you on the weekly thread/ there are a few of us restarting and so we are ok good company.

on

Still working hard to lose my excess weight gain but not seeing much progress on the scales. It reminded me of how frustrating I found BSD first time round and how the scales can define the mood for the day. However, this time I am sticking with it in the knowledge that it will shift albeit slowly. Tomorrow is week 3 of my reboot. For no apparent reason I gained 1lb last week. I will weigh in tomorrow on the weekly thread and post my weight and then I am going back to weighing once a week only. The up and down (mainly up) gets me grumpy.

Hope you’re having more initial success than me. I am now back to eating 16:8, sticking to low carb and drinking plenty of water. I do have a Friday night G&T and apart from that I am sticking to plan so hopefully I will see some shift in weight and get them jeans on in June.

on

Hi Cathy. Great to hear about your progress on this thread and the weekly one: because you ARE making progress even though the scales are playing catch up. You are really positive and determined, and have a clear goal to aim for. It’s also great that you are feeling much more resilient, and are not letting small fluctuations and disappointments get you down. Keep at it and those jeans will be sliding on before you know it.

You’ve helped inspire me to get going again properly. I know I’ve been pretty feeble recently and today have felt more like myself again and ready to get back in the zone. Will keep posting here and on the weekly thread.

Good luck to anyone else reading this. I hope that you keep safe and well and enjoy some victories on your BSD journey this week.

Also to say SueBlue if you’re reading this I do hope you’re ok? Let us know how you’re doing X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi DCT thanks for asking after me. All good here, it’s a bit like Groundhog Day though after 8 weeks at home now. I do get out for a walk outside most days and once a week I go out to run errands quickly. I’m not complaining though, am grateful that I have the opportunity to work from home and stay safe.
    I’ve started the Couch to 5K program – by running and walking laps around my garden. I’m up to week 2 so it’s something like 4 x 90 second runs and 2 x 60 second ones mixed in with walking. Run is probably not the right word though – I jog really, sometimes I think I must look like Cliff Young, I have a similar shuffle 🙂 the main thing is it does get my heart rate up so I’m hoping that will help burn some fat. I’ve been doing it every 2 to 3 days and I’m definitely improving, each time it’s a bit easier than the one before.
    Health wise I’m doing really well, because I’m isolated I’m not getting the usual bugs and viruses I generally would (from having a suppressed immune system).
    Weight well I don’t know… I keep restarting BSD/fast 800 and each week start with good intentions then get to day 3 and it all goes haywire. Still even when I go over in calories it’s not that bad, probably 1200-1500 at most, on average I’m having about 1000 a day. So okay for maintenance but it’s not resulting in any real weight loss. So next week I’m going to take a 5:2 approach with just 2 800 calorie days, and make I stick to 16:8 TRE and see if that makes a difference.
    Hope everyone else is doing well 🙂

on

Hi Sue

Great to hear from you and I’m so glad that you are well. Funnily enough I started Couch25K this week as well, also at home. In the UK we are allowed out to exercise now as much as we want, but I want to give it a try at home before going public! I did start it a couple of years ago, in preparation for a fun run at work, but hated going out and running round the streets. It made me feel very exposed and vulnerable – I think it’s because running really is not my forte and I do struggle, so just feel horribly self-conscious. Anyway at the moment I really need a challenge, so I thought I’d give it another go.

I’m also very similar to you in terms of weight loss: full of good intentions but never seem to be able to stick to them for long! I’m maintaining and seeing a gradual decrease but “must do better” to achieve the goal I have set myself of being at target by July. I’m interested to know how you get on with 5:2 because this is how I started all this, many years ago now – before starting BSD in Jan 2017. Part of me thinks I’d be better committing to do just two days a week properly rather than in effect stop starting Fast800 all the time. To be honest, I think I’m just a bit bored with the whole thing, but am scared of putting weight back on and also cross with myself for not making better progress after all this time: all my own doing I know! But one way or the other, I’m determined to get there – and now seems an ideal time to just get on with it.

Anyway, hello to everyone reading this. Stay well and keep in touch X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi all 🙂
    How are you going with the Couch25K DCT? I’ve been doing it every couple of days and am amazed that I can now jog for 2 1/2 minutes at a time! In the beginning I struggled to do 30 seconds. I find on the days I exercise I feel happier.
    With the 5:2 I almost managed 2 x 800 days, they were around 900 calories though. I have now lost 1.6kg in the last 2 weeks so happy with that. At least with cooking everything from scratch it helps to pass the time 🙂 I do enjoy cooking and my husband has been loving the meals, he doesn’t realise he is on a diet so to speak. I made some chocolate beetroot brownies on the weekend, the recipe is in the Fast 800 recipe book – this is well worth buying if anyone is interested. I still use my 8 week BSD book too, half the time I struggle to decide what to cook as there’s so many lovely options. Last night was vegetarian bolognaise and I’m going to make a lasagne with the leftovers using the eggplant that’s been sitting in my fridge all week 🙂
    Hope everyone else is doing well.

on

Hi Sue and well done for your loss. It sounds like you are getting into a good routine and the brownies sound fab. Your cooking sounds wonderful as always – and I love that your husband “doesn’t realise he’s on a diet” 😉

I will get the Fast800 recipe book – somehow I’d overlooked that one (I have the BSD and Fast800 small paperbacks and the larger BSD recipe book but not this one). That’s exciting as I tend to do better when I’m following recipes from one of the books: not only do they have some great ideas but you don’t have to think about portion sizes or anything. I’m doing ok at the moment, maintaining well with the occasional tantalising drop on the scales. But at the moment I’m focusing more on establishing good routines and habits rather than fretting about numbers.

It sounds like Couch25K is going great for you too. Well done! I’m on my second week, so am currently doing the 90 second runs, and so far am enjoying it. I’m using the app which really helps, as last time I tried it I got fed up fiddling with all the different times etc – found it distracting (and as you know I am veerryy easily distracted!). So it’s so far so good this end. I’m just running round the garden, which is pretty small but I do different patterns to ring the changes. Once I can run for longer I think I’ll drive to somewhere and give it a really good go. I don’t want to do that from the house as we live in a culdesac with one or two nosey neighbours – which shouldn’t matter I know, but I do feel self-conscious. But in the UK we’re now allowed to drive and exercise anywhere so I’ll identify somewhere I feel safe to go to.

Anyway lovely to hear from you Sue. Stay well and keep focused, it sounds like you’re doing great and on the downward trajectory.

Best wishes to anyone else reading this too. Old timer or newcomer, do drop in and say hello X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

DCT I have the same problem with nosy neighbours 🙂 my garden is overlooked on 2 sides, one is a double storey house and there is a window which looks down onto my garden. I figure they’ll soon get bored watching me running round and round in circles! I don’t feel confident running in public yet, also I prefer to run on the grass as I feel it’s less impact on my joints, I’m also mindful of tripping over after breaking my shoulder last year.
    I am enjoying it though – I’m using the Couch 2 5 K app on my phone, I even bought a cheap armband phone holder to make it easier to use the app. The half hour goes pretty quickly really.
    I’ve not been getting too hung up on calories, mainly focussing on healthy eating and cutting down on wine. I’m trying to stick to Friday evenings only, or special occasions.
    I’m really enjoying exercising though. On the days I’m not outside using the app I do one of the YouTube walk at home videos. This morning I only had a spare 15 minutes before work but I managed to squeeze in a 1 mile walk, then went out for a walk at lunchtime.
    Anyway next time I’m outside running I’ll think of you on the other side of the world doing the same thing 🙂

on

Great stuff Sue, sounds like the exercise is going really well. That’s been my main focus recently, to get into a good exercise routine and gradually it’s beginning to happen. Like you, I do online workouts as well. I do a 7 minute one every day that aims to tone your waist and tummy muscles and I think it may be starting to have an effect. No change to measurements as yet but I’m sure that will come. I also do a dance routine – that’s 1 mile in 15 minutes as well, to Abba music. Quite fun. Then a Pilates session now and again too.

So I’m working hard to get all those firmly established and have also gone back to 16:8 which is working fine too. My next target is to be more careful about what I eat and drink – particularly the latter as wine is my main weakness. We’re having lovely sunny weather here in the UK at the moment so it’s way too tempting to have a glass or two in the garden in the afternoon. So I’m cutting back on that and will also get the Fast800 recipe book to kick start my meal planning. After 3 years on this WoE my diet is not bad, healthy low carb eating kind of gets ingrained into you after a while. But I know I have slipped into some bad habits recently – particularly snacking – so that has to stop.

Have a great weekend – it’s another Bank Holiday here in the UK, though that doesn’t have as much impact at the moment as it usually does. It’s just another day really!

Keep on going and I look forward to hearing some more progress soon – you deserve it!

Hello to anyone else reading this. Stay well and have a great weekend wherever you are X

Please log in or register to post a reply.