Keep going

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by lordburnside
    on

I have tried the 5:2 diet which works to a point but I over ate for 5 days and did the diet two days but I never managed the 600 cal required on fasting days it was possibly 1000!

I like the blood sugar diet which I have followed for a week and lost 7lbs which is great but I am going out boozing tonight so I will put some back on. I live on my own so there is no bad food of others to tempt me.

Providing I don’t eat any sugar rice pasta and spuds with the blood sugar diet I am not hungry but I do get some headaches and I feel I am running on empty before meals. I don’t snack any more because I have no chocolate or biscuits or crisps. I can eat 3 packets of them in one go if they are in the house. The diet starts in the supermarket. I went round Asda in 5 minutes because 80% of the food is unhealthy!

Thing is don’t give up because you are going to have to diet in the future if you are unhappy with your body.

I am surprised I can have a happy life without alcohol for 6 days and don’t miss potatoes pasta and rice yet. Fruit makes me hungry so I eat only an apple a day. Veg is ok with plenty of pepper.

• posted by bluebell50
    on

Well done lordburnside on your weight loss. Even a few cheeky pints shouldn’t set you back too much though. I have to disagree with your comment on Asda though ( 80% being bad for you. ) My ‘go to’ at my local Asda is the frozen food department. I buy bags of cod, haddock, smoked haddock, mixed shellfish, chicken portions, and lamb. Then there’s the frozen low carb vegetables – spinach especially.
    A favourite of mine is 200g spinach, ( 46cal / 3g carb ) 125g smoked haddock ( 132cal / 0g carb ) poached egg ( 74cal / 0.38g carb), so for 252cal a really filling meal, lots of protein and nutrients, and takes hardly any time to prepare if you use a microwave.
    Sorry if any of my calculations are wrong, but it seems that each website I google differ slightly.
    Have a pint for me please !!

• posted by lordburnside
    on

Sorry for my belated reply. I will give Asda another look.
    I spent about £100 on food the other day so I could start the 12 week course – stuff like red wine vinegar, oregano and the like a single guy doesn’t have these things normally.

I have started the 12 week course now and cannot believe how little I can live on. My weight is still going down but more slowly. I have only cheated a very little. After 3 weeks and 3 days I have lost 12lbs so hoping to lose a stone (14lbs) by Sunday but I have two social events so might be next Wednesday!

Please log in or register to post a reply.