Just starting the 800 diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ellesmere
    on

Does anyone want to join in with me to encourage each other. I totally love carbs and my whole meals usually revolve around carbs I’d leave the meat etc.
    I need to get it under control and need to lose weight I have a stone to get off which probably doesn’t sound a lot but I’m very small and look like a small round dumpling!! Not a favoured look plus I’m in my sixties and am finding it a lot harder to lose anything .
    I started on Monday so early days but I’m having a problem with acid does anyone else get this?

• posted by caronl
    on

Welcome Ellesmere and best wishes as you start this way of eating. I think you should make short shrift of a stone – and that you will find that a lot of carbs are very overrated. There are truly delicious low carb recipes to try out.

You may find a buddy come along for you on this thread. But you might also like to know that there are a number of recent starters on two threads here – “I have a plan – week 13…” and the 1st October Starters Group. You can find them by looking under Forums All recent topics. Both are open to new members and you will be made very welcome by other starters and experienced hands alike who populate them. I’m sorry I can’t help with the acid question – I think general experience is that reflux problems etc are much improved with this way of eating, but you could try searching the site to see if others have had the same experience as you. Best wishes.

• posted by ScottishShanny
    on

Hi,

I haven’t long started mine (three days in) I’m 22 and need to lose a fair amount. My starting weight is 16 stone 7 but I don’t actually plan on weighing myself until the end :s I get mixed views on this though.
    I still need to do my measurements had to run out at lunch to get a tape measure to get them done 🙂

• posted by Ellesmere
    on

Hi I’ve measured and was horrified plus I need to squeeze me into a Halloween outfit next week. I’m busy applying spiders and skulls to the dress in the hope I lose a couple of pounds so it zips up!!
    Do you want to work together on this ? It might help us stick to the diet ?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys, welcome to the forums.

There is a 3rd thread to consider joining when looking for buddies / support. Thats the zoom thread which traditionally runs for 4 weeks at a time. – Both the zoom and the weekly challenges were set up to give everyone from newcomers to the old hands a place to share their aims for the next challenge, report progress, share successes and ask for support for any issues that come up along their journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.