Just beginning the BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by braveblackbird
    on

Hi – have just begun the BSD, and am doing it via shakes, fruit and soup and non-starchy vegetables, so I’ll be limited to just less than 800 calories a day. I’ve lost lots of weight before on Jenny Craig, then put it all back on again; I just want to do it right, this time. I desperately want to wear my favourite clothes again, and my wedding ring. Like a lot of people, I think I snack from habit, particularly when stressed; I don’t even have time to stop to eat at work (eating at my desk isn’t very conducive to mindful eating, I know!) Is anyone else just starting out today?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi and welcome braveblackbird, just go careful on the fruits as they are high in calories or high in carbs. Go for berries if possible but an apple now and then does not harm but you will be surprised how many carbs they have. Try to look things up before you eat them and know how many calories and how much a portion should be. Good luck.

• posted by braveblackbird
    on

Thanks so much for that, sunshine-girl! My fruit is watermelon and blueberries. Crossing fingers. I managed to do it all by myself a couple of years ago (not 800 cals a day, but 1200 a day, steady loss, which was much easier! I just don’t seem to have the will power this time – arrgh! Will keep trying.

Please log in or register to post a reply.