Jealousy is a cruel mistress

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by OlivesAndTomatoes
    on

Today I realized that my dog got to eat more calories than me each day through the month of February.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Oo that hurts!
    But was their food as appealing?

on

A month into this diet…I’ll be honest…the thought crossed my mind that it didn’t look that bad lmao. Outside of two 1200 calorie days, I’ve been at a pretty consistent 800 a day so I’ve been good, but I think about food CONSTANTLY. The mental hunger is overbearing and worse than the physical. It almost doesn’t matter what the food looks like anymore to me.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Are you getting at least 50g of protein and some healthy fats? I find that helps lot with the hunger. Of course some days are harder than others.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good fats are so important, as is drinking plenty to keep hydration well topped up. I struggled with both on the early days, now it’s second nature. It’s still early days for you O&T, but it should get easier, hang in there.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Sunny talks about being hydrated being difficult but you get used to it. My mind block was using fats – good ones. I used to be doing a meal that asked for fat, like frying steak and I used to pour a drop in the pan and then wipe it out with a paper towel. Now I just slop it in but only things like olive oil, rapeseed, butter, full fat yogurts (they were a real no no). And dont forget foods that have natural fats like avocados, nuts, oily fish etc. Not only do they keep you fuller, they are good for you as in my cholesterol is the lowest it has ever been.

on

Oh I think I’m hitting my fat allowance! I get premade meals delivered to my house and they are firmly ‘Keto’ with high quality fats, proteins, and a solid prescribed number of calories (I’m single don’t judge lol.) That’s my midday meal and I have a shake later in the evening also with a good amount of fat and protein. I don’t trust myself to calculate everything perfectly so I love planning my food in this way.

Maybe it’s because I’m also exercising (an hour dog walk every day in addition to either a 30 min peloton bike class or 20 min on the rower) and need to acclimate?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

No criticism from me on the ready meals as long as you are sure you are reducing the carbs, which I would expect if they are keto meals. However, I know these ready meals can have things sneaked in so read the labelling carefully. You want to be on around 50g of carbs daily.

Please log in or register to post a reply.