Itching and tiredness

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Up for it
    on

Hi folks my partner and I have been doing the BSD for three weeks now and yes we are losing weight, but my goodness we are not feeling energised, in fact the tiredness is a challenge, also in the last couple of days my partner is experiencing an itch under their skin.
    Has anyone else experienced this and if so any tips, note neither of us measure our blood sugars, according to our GP we do not need to do so at this stage,

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi there, i had terrible tiredness and weakness at first,then felt marvellous, and now as wk three is ending,like yrselves,am once again feeling v under the weather (and exceedingly grumpy! )
    But more experienced BSDers have told me this happens..it passes..keep going! It will be worth the blips! They call it carb flu!
    I have had a rash too..across chest and towards armpits ! Its going now tho thanks to a simple cream recommended by pharmacist at local chemist.
    I hope you both are feeling pleased with yr weight progress so far.and the health benefits we’ re gaining along the way! X

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Carb flu can have a range of symptoms which usually pass in a few days. One way of reducing them is to add half a teaspoon of salt to your food every day. Despite modern worries about salt intake, diets like this one often deplete our required salt levels to an unhelpful degree. I would say the itching skin is not that typical though so if that doesn’t pass in a couple of days, speak to a pharmacist or your doctor as it could be unrelated.

• posted by Up for it
    on

Thank you your response makes sense and yes we will keep going and good luck to you also👍

• posted by Up for it
    on

Adding salt, that’s interesting, will have a few more olives , me thinks, many thanks for getting back to me.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Salt is good! Best is Celtic Salt or one I use from Pakistan:

Pink Color salt called Himalayan Salt.

Pink Salt has lots of trace minerals that most likely your body is lacking and starving for. There are over 80 such minerals in the salt.

SALT IS A SIN, RIGHT?????

Well, tell that to Koreans and Japanese. Very huge content of salt and kelp (Iodine) in their eating habits. I ate better in China than here in US!!!!!

Live Long And Prosper!!!!….. (Me Thinks) 🙂

PrincetonianStud

Please log in or register to post a reply.