It works – it really does work! Reversed my T2 Diabetes – I am over the moon

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by On-a-Mission
    on

I am no longer Diabetic. My Hba1c came back at 37 (5.5%). My nurse is shocked.

I have lost 2stone 10 lbs since start of the year following 100% the principles but not sticking to the 800, more like 800-1500. 3 meals a day no snacking. I have lost 7″ off my waist. I have lost 30.5″ in total off my body.

My BMI has gone from 35.1 to 27.9.

My cholesterol has gone up a tad to 5.5 and my good has got a little less good and my bad has got a little more bad she said but I do want to come off statins but I am scared – probably gone up because of the full-fat versions but I have been told this could level out over a few months of this woe.

My BP has been consistently low since I started this, averaging 113/76 but my reading in there yesterday was 138/90 (white coat syndrome) and she said that is what she goes by despite me showing her my results.

Need to think about this and possibly see a doctor and discuss.

This is a wonderful WAY OF EATING….I have about another half a stone I would like to lose but I am not bothered if I don’t.

To anyone who doubts this – this is proof it can and does work. If I can do it literally anyone can. I was the ultimate junk food monster.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Fantastic, On-a-Mission!
    I embarked on this WOE for weight loss and an uncontrolled carb addiction, but I can only begin to imagine how exciting it must be to have reversed the diabetes.
    Well done…..

• posted by bigeater
    on

Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations! I am so pleased to hear your results. Well done on sticking to the plan! I am sticking to the plan and have a lot to lose before reaching a healthy bmi. But who knows I may get the good blood sugar results soon. It is just my FBG now, everything else is good. You motivate me to go on. Thanks so much for your post!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well done on your results. I have the same mind set, I have lost weight and I have more to lose but my biggest concern was my BG as I have been diagnosed diabetic for 12 years. Recently (2 years ago) my HbA1c was 8.2 and is now 5.4 and, although that is in the normal range I am still diabetic as I still use insulin. I want those numbers but with no meds. My cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure have come down too so it has all been a bonus. I love this way of eating and would not go back to carb overload. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Eileen27
    on

Well done On- a – mission! Shows 100% principles are needed. Interested to read that even with increased calories (800-1500 ) so long as you stuck to principles you did it! That’s really encouraging. I find 800 very difficult most days.
    Can I ask if you drank alcohol? I don’t drink a lot but find weekends without impossible! Thanks

• posted by On-a-Mission
    on

Hi Eileen27. No I have had no alcohol since 1 January 2017. I do miss it occasionally especially on a Friday or Saturday night. I was generally a red wine drinker and my preferred spirit is g&t but I am too frightened to start again in case it gives me the munchies. I would never have thought I would be able to give it up as I drank Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings every week whether I needed to or not lol. I will drink again, I will drink on holiday but will be very, very careful as I will with food because I do not want to “return” to my old habits I want to keep this lifestyle forever really.

• posted by pod
    on

On-a-mission.. Absolutely over the moon for you, to reverse diabetes is fantastic! Well done to you for sticking with it.

• posted by Eileen27
    on

Thank you On-a-Mission. I was afraid that’s what you would say! You’re right alcoholic drinks do bring on the munchies. I need to be more disciplined. I will remember your words and amazing weight loss. Thanks for your news.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Congratulations. Excellent news.
    On the bp front I have a similar problem with “white coat syndrome” but my dr’s surgery have come up with a solution to a very common problem. There is a quiet, screened area in the waiting room with a bp monitor on a stand. You just sit on a chair, put your arm in a ‘tunnel’ and press a button. I go once a month or so, sit in the waiting room for a few minutes then take the bp 3 times. The results are handed to the Receptionist to record if necessary. It gets used a lot. Maybe you could suggest something similar to your practice?

• posted by Natalie
    on

That is wonderful, congratulations!

I find I have a lot of control over my BP reading just by relaxing and breathing deeply (difficult because I find the squeezing process quite painful) or tensing up and breathing rapidly and thinking anxious thoughts which I’ve tried in the chemist out of interest. It made me lose faith in the validity of the reading, it just my BP in that moment and it varies widely.

• posted by suzcaps
    on

Congratulations, what wonderful news. Really, this is the best way to eat. I don’t think I could ever so back to my carboholic ways again. Although I have done my 8 weeks and have lost all my weight and gotten off blood pressure meds, and all of my blood work has come back normal or very close to it, I am still struggling with high FBS levels. I think with persistence and help from this forum, we can all get there! Best of luck everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.