It starts…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

Hi, I’ve done the bsd before to much success however I’ve always put it back on again!! But now it’s nearly my wedding and with my dress fitting in 9 weeks I’m gonnA try the fast 800. I know you shouldn’t really do this for weight loss but having heard the weight loss claims, I have to try it as I’m desperate to lose it for my wedding! Besides given the rubbish I eat it will probably do my body a World of good at the same time!
    Can I have any stories of success? How much you’ve lost and in how long? I know everyone’s different and different heights etc but I just want some motivation. If you’re about 5 ft 10 and female like me I would be especially interested in your weight loss!! I’m starting at 13 stone 4!!
    Would also like to ask if exercise is recommended on this version or not?

Thanks

Laura

• posted by Squidge
    on

I started 1st Jan and have lost nine pounds so far. I’m not diabetic and am doing it for weight loss and general health reasons.

Exercise is definitely a good idea. The book reccomends it to help with the diet. It will also help tone you up, so you’ll look really great in that dress. (Stick to the healthy eating exercise and you’ll look just as great in it on your silver anniversary!).

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

Aww 🙂 thank you for the reply and advice! I’m looking forward to seeing how much I can lose!! X

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, Lauryloo, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. How exciting! I’m no expert on quoting from
    MMosley’s book, but I do highly recommend this WOE for weight loss. You will probably get as many answers
    to your question as there are maintainers here. I don’t think that my rate of loss was particularly dramatic or slow.
    I’m 5’7″, and I lost a steady stone per month over a period of 10 months. When I began, I was too disabled for
    exercise, so it played no role in my losses. For me, keeping carbs <20 per day is what I credit for having the
    most impact on my results. Second after that was avoiding alcohol for those 10 months. For my individual
    body, as few as 2 glasses of wine per week guaranteed a stall on the scales for an entire week! Others may
    not see the same result. I hope this helps 🙂

Allie

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hi I lost three stone in about 3 or 4 months. Hardly any exercise except walking in that period, though plenty before and after. Kept strictly to 800 for 5 weeks, really low carb (sub 20) for longer. Currently size 8 BMI 23.

Had insulin resistance, now ok, easiest diet I ever followed xx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

I started BSD800 last January and did 2 back to back rounds (16 weeks) with carbs under 40g and no alcohol whatsoever. I lost a total of 3st, and then went into maintenance, gradually increasing calories but keeping carbs low, and reintroducing a glass of wine or 2 at the weekends, and continued to lose another 7 – 10lbs. I have now maintained for the past (almost) 9 months, no longer counting cals, but still keeping off all refined carbs (bread/pasta/potatoes/rice etc). The only exercise I did was walking, but I always walked for a couple of hours a day anyway (2 energetic dogs). However, as the weight came off, whilst not increasing the actual time spent walking, I began walking much faster and now walk about 8 – 9 miles a day in the same time it used to take me to walk 5 miles. Happy me, happy dogs.

No reason this WOE shouldn’t be done purely for weight loss – I had no health issues but now feel fantastic and at least 20 years younger. By the way, I am 5’4″ and now weigh 8st, and wear a UK size 8, and my wedding dress now fits me perfectly again (been married 49 years😊).

Good luck and please let us know how you get on. If you need any help or advice, just shout and someone will come running.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Lauryloo and welcome. I started with BSD (roughly Mediterranean 5: 2 days at 800 cal) in late October and moved to FAST 800 on 2 January. I am 178cm (5’8”) and lost 8 kilo in the run up to Christmas and nearly a further 3 kilo till now – about 1stone 10lbs in total. Not as fast as some, but I am nearing the top of my healthy BMI, and I am not being totally strict on calories. I am now lower than my wedding weight 20 odd years ago. Wish I had done it then! This way of eating suits me – in particular I rarely feel hungry and all the good food feels healthy. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

Thank you all so much for the words of wisdom 🙂 it was really good for me last time and to be fair I was taking the mock a bit- eating cheese constantly and still lost so excited to see how this works! Will keep you all updated 🙂 xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Lauryloo – not sure my story is relevant, in that I took things more slowly to lose 3st, taking time out from the 800 for extended vacations, but more or less maintaining through those periods. Like alliecat, I found that alcohol really screwed up the weight loss and as someone who loses slowly, keeping sub 20g carbs, well hydrated and using a 16:8 eating pattern really helped. Also found that weighing myself daily, really helped to keep me focused.

My advice is not to set expectations for weight loss in your 9 week window, but do your best to stick with the 800 calories. Weigh, measure and record everything you consume and hydrate, hydrate and hydrate. Make good use of the forum for advice, encouragement and celebrations – it was having all these wonderful folks urging me on that got me to my goal.

Best of luck to you – you’re going to look wonderful for your special day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.