Issues with drinking too much water?.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Steviep
    on

I have just completed week 2, so far so good.
    Been drinking about 2.5 litres all in, mostly water.
    Yesterday I seemed super thirsty and calculated that I must have taken in about 4 litres.

Reaction has been really stiff right calf that is super painful to walk on, yet yesterday I walked 4 miles over mixed terrain and cycled another 15 with no problems..

The calf seems very sore and rock hard to the touch- left one is fine.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and how did they overcome the problem.

Thanks

Steve

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Hi Steviep.
    I’m on week 5 (so no expert) and i have had some very thirsty days – i think its to do with ketosis and the ‘gadz’ taste in my mouth. I havent suffered with muscle pain though, but the thing that jumps out is salt intake, If you are drinking a lot you are likely knocking your salt levels out a little especially if you are exercising a lot. Have a look at some electrolytes maybe, but even adding some table salt will probably help. OR maybe you have just picked up a wee injury??
    good work on the water intake and the exercise though!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Spot on there Julz, it’s important to replace last salts when we increase hydration. Doing so should relieve your aching legs Stevie.

Please log in or register to post a reply.