Is there an upper limit for fat?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SOS
    on

Advice please. I’m trying to work out a weekly plan but it’s hard not to go over the 45g standard limit for women Does that still apply on this regime? Many thanks

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Susan
    The book doesn’t really specify how much fat, carbs and protein to eat. Its more about excluding carbs rather than worrying about the other stuff. But you only have 800 calories to play with so you will probably gravitate towards foods that fill you up for the least number of calories. Fats often come in liquid or semi liquid form like butter and oil so they won’t fill you up but they are actually good at making you feel satisfied. So, if you can incorporate a good amount of meat or meat substitute (protein), vegetables and some fruit (low carbs) and a little bit of fat for 800ish calories every day, then you will be doing what you need to do and you don’t really need to worry too much about the actual amount of fat. As the book says, fat is not the enemy!

• posted by SOS
    on

Thanks Janet, even though I’ve read the book still finding it tricky to get my head round but getting there.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I can understand that. I think we have all found it a little strange that all the traditional dieting rules are being put aside now. I still see posts on here where people are talking about using low fat products. It seems we can’t help re-lapsing into old habits sometimes!

• posted by Loukc
    on

I was in asda earlier and I was determined to buy full fat Greek yogurt, but had to search a bit for it as there were way too many fat free stuff in the way. I’ m just starting as well and it is quite daunting. But I look at the recipes on here as well as in the book and keep in my mind that no potatoes, bread or pasta. Lots of green ànd leafy vegetables. I already use butter as I know margarine is really bad. Full fat plain yogurt and Greek yogurt. Well that’s what I’ve learnt already and it’s only been a day 😀

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hello Loukc and welcome to the forums. Welcome too to SOS.

Yes I found the same thing in asds and morrisons. I get mine from Aldi – it’s much cheaper too.

It sounds like you are well prepared for this, I’m sure you’ll do well.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

On the subject of Aldi, they are by far the cheapest for coconut oil.
    Under £2 compared to over £6 at Asda

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Yeh, I shop in Aldi too. way way cheaper. Their 5% mince is lovely and again, way cheaper.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Don’t worry SOS you will soon get your head round it. 🙂 and welcome to the forums 🙂

• posted by Shadow2
    on

Thats very interesting bill1954 about coconut oil in aldi, i didnt realise they sold it. We have an aldi 5 minutes walk from here and as I think you live in north east of england, like me, i can probably get it here.

• posted by Col
    on

Thanks Bill and hashimoto re the Aldi coconut oil, that will be a great saving for me…..not got one that near but a short drive and the a bit of a walk which will add to my steps while saving money has to be a win win!!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Keep an eye out for their feta and goats cheese too
    Both good value

• posted by Spirit
    on

Agreed, love Aldi feta cheese, mmmm

Please log in or register to post a reply.