Is any one else starting week commencing 30th August? Want to join me?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MsUnderstood
    on

Hello everyone, I’m completely new but I am starting next week 30th August. I have an event on Sunday which means not starting this weekend but I am going to spend the weekend preparing to do this and then I am going to Just Do It!

I am excited but also a bit scared – 8 weeks without wine seems like a loooooong time.

Thanks for reading and anyone who wants to join me please do. If nobody does I will just witter on to myself on this thread!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

HI Misunderstood – welcome along on the BSD journey. I’m assuming you are starting on 30th July rather than August, but whenever you are starting, I’d recommend you joining one of the challenge threads, as this will provide you with the knowledge and support of people at various stages of the process and they will ensure you are warmly welcomed and given the support, encouragement and congratulations you need to help you along the way.

The 8 weeks does feel daunting when you begin, but you will be surprised how easy it is to settle into and before you know it, you will be wondering what approach to take at the end of that period. Best wishes to you and hope to see you on other threads now you have found us ….

• posted by LeanerNina
    on

I’ll be joining you, MsUnderstood! I’m starting on weds 1st Aug, as I am heading down to Cornwall tomorrow for a family trip and wedding and returning Monday night. Going to make my plan for the first week over the course of the weekend, then go shopping tues night. Have taken ‘before’ photos and will take measurements. Last year I followed a low carb food plan for a couple of months and lost two stone, which was a great result, but it was quite a restrictive plan so it was hard it keep it up and the weight has eventually gone back on as I’ve gone back to old, high carb, habits. I’m expecting a similar result if I can stick to the Fast 800 100%, based on hearing other people’s experiences and past experience of my own. Good luck for next week!

• posted by KristenLouise
    on

Hi, I will join you, starting Monday 30 July. I’ve been doing this for a couple of weeks but am really struggling with managing social events so I’ve been on-off. I lose weight, then have a lunch or dinner with friends, and the weight immediately comes back. Very frustrating! But I need to continue, and figure out how to manage that. I will consider Monday to be a fresh start and focus on completing the 8 weeks as best I can,. My goal will be to be 12kgs lighter by 23 September. What a fabulous thought! Now to make it happen!

• posted by KristenLouise
    on

Forgot to say, I like your motto. Just Do It! I’m going to remind myself of that when I struggle – “shut up and just do it!” And LeanerNina – what a great name!

• posted by MsUnderstood
    on

Hello, thank you for the warm welcome. I did indeed mean 30th July!

• posted by Hera1955
    on

Hi MsUnderstood
    I guess you mean you are starting today not 30th August, I too am starting today, and one of my concerns is my usual glass of wine or two, however I will try and be positive and stay away from temptation. Hope your start goes well and do keep us posted on how it is going. I always find a daily diary of exactly what you eat is a really good way to stay on track. Good luck and hope to hear from you soon.

• posted by MsUnderstood
    on

Hello everyone. I am starting today. Although I have had a bug for 11 days now so have eaten very little for 11 days – it’s more or less been a kick start! I didn’t eat anything yesterday and have not done so today either, on doctor’s advice. I am not remotely tempted to drink wine and I have put a terrible, terrible picture of myself as my screensaver so several times a day I am reminded why I am doing this.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just wanted to drop in and wish all those of you starting today, a wonderful week. Hope it goes well for you, but do shout out if you struggle and we’ll do our best to offer support and encouragement.

Please log in or register to post a reply.