In remission one year after Type 2 diagnosis :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Everhopeful53
    on

Hi all firstly i want to thank anyone who has ever posted on here with advice help and suggestions I can safely say reading through posts has been a lifeline for me!

Diagnosed Type 2 last Nov 2022 HB1ac 58
    Ive followed a very low carb diet and been back exercising / running cycling swimming.
    Lost total 2.5 stone total 20% of my initial body weight.

HB1ac last week 42 ( other results since last year 45, 43, 41) Gp recoded my record as in remission

Used finger pricking but he last 2 months have self funded the freestyle libre 2 to really see my levels and what spikes my sugars (had the free 2 week trial and was a revelation though not financially viable for me long term)

Finally feeling like i can breathe and look forwards. It’s taken me this last year in denial most of the time, but determined! For anyone struggling or in need of motivation and direction I cant recommend this way of eating and this supportive group enough!

Thank you all of you x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Everhopeful, huge congratulations on your achievement…. brilliant results! Proof again, that this way of eating can reap great rewards, if you can stay focused and remain determined. Enjoy life and your good health, but stay vigilant of those pesky carbs😉

• posted by Everhopeful53
    on

Thanks heaps honestly its been a slog but was determined to keep at it… Im afraid my Gp’s have been less than helpful so Ive pretty much gone it alone… but reading all your posts has kept me focussed x

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Everhopeful53 – great big congratulations. Yes this diet does work, not only with weight loss but what the BSD was designed for, us diabetics. I am too long into the diagnosis (18 years now but 11 years when I found this diet) and also already been put on insulin injections, so no chance of remission but every chance I can keep myself well.

On the subject of the cost of the testing kits and stuff. It might be an idea just to use it now and then, maybe once a month, just to check you are still on the right track. As Sunny says, those pesky carbs can creep up and diabetes is not far behind it. Hope you have found a lifestyle that suits you and you can cope with without too much sacrifice – treats are good but only as a treat. A treat every day is not a treat, it is a bad habit – read that somewhere.

Keep on keeping on.

Please log in or register to post a reply.