Im new here Hi

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sweet Lime Green
    on

Hi im new here but I have been on the diet now for 4weeks. It is working but have been on a plateau for 2 weeks but i think loss started again today! I’m feeling a bit nervous with Christmas approaching. Will try to low carb and eat small portions but there will be a lot of family pressure to get involved esp in the champagne drinking!

• posted by nomoresugarhighs
    on

Hello, day two here, I’m finding 800 calories tough but that’s to be expected. I think I ended up around 900 yesterday. However my blood sugar is already more stable. Have you considered telling your family you are on antibiotics so can’t drink and don’t feel much like eating? A little white lie often avoids discomfort on both sides.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Drink champagne, why would you (NOT). It is called having a life, enjoy yourself but you now know how to be sensible and keep those pesky carbs at bay. Just to help you stay on track there are 90 calories in a champagne flute and 9.0 carbs, you can soon get back on track on Boxing Day.

on

Sorry if I seem to be leading you astray or giving you permission. Just think life is for living and we are only human. I think the best excuse to not drink is to tell people it is for your health, don’t mention diet as that I something that can be broken, health is forever. I once gave up alcohol for 17 months which took me through 2 Christmas party seasons. I spent most of the evenings justifying why I didn’t want a drink. At least it was something to talk about.

• posted by Sweet Lime Green
    on

Thanks for the ideas sunshine girl and no more sugar highs! Yeh sunshine girl i have been thinking a lot about that glass of champers so ill probably try to stick to the one. I mean it is christmas but im planning on leaving out all the sugary treats and to stick to the bsd as much as possible.
    No more sugar highs have you just started? The first week is probably the hardest but the 800 gets heaps easier as your body gets used to it and you just seem to stop craving as much. I have jsut had a bit of a stressful and not much sleep week tho and i have had a lot of cravings. Tonite i had a hot milk with 2 teaspoons of no sugar cocoa. The natural sweetness of the milk made it taste fine and im only slightly over on my 800. Good luck as you continue on!

on

Sweet Lime Green, I am in my 6th month so can afford to ease off a bit at Christmas but it will only be a few drinks. I have a steady weight loss and my BG are fantastic (last HbA1c 5.9%). I cannot bear the thought of eating a plate piled high with mashed potato, roasted potatoes and stuffing so will have the turkey and lots of veg and might even have some roasted butternut squash. I don’t like sweet things so will not eat mince pies or Christmas cake or pudding but will do a big bowl of berry fruits and I’m making a mandrin orange meringue roulade for the others. And yes, I will be drinking more than I have in the last 6 months but will stick to white wine, vodka and champagne. Living in France I always get the job of taking all the wine over and have 4 bottles of champagne.

Cheers everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.