I want to start with BSD!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Norwegian wood
    on

Hello, I want to start with BSD as soon as I have celebrated my birthday this week. I have not finished reading the book, but I really want to start as soon as possible. I am a bit scared to give up on all the good food and my bad habits, but I want to start the new year in a good way. I have busy days with 120% work and three kids, so I wonder how I can cope with all the new things. I really wish that I had all the recipes in my own language (Norwegian). So if there is someone out there that have some easy recipes, I would be grateful.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Norwegian wood – my recommendation would be to start simply, by stripping out the simple carbs, so no potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, cakes, etc., be careful of root veggies as these tend to be high in carbs and only have fruit in very small portions. So you are not making numerous meals, try simple adaptations at family meal times, so you can have the protein element but not the carb element. For instance, I made a curry today which I had with cauliflower rice and my OH had with proper rice. Check out the recipes on this site for inspiration.

Hope that is of some help. Good luck when you start and hope to see you posting positive results soon.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Also try to avoid any added sugar and if trying to go low calorie as well cut out any alcohol for at least the first four weeks. Remember to drink 2-3 litres of non caffeine/diet drinks every day, and add some salt to meals. Make sure you are eating full fat dairy, avocado’s and nuts which are all good sources of healthy fats.

Please log in or register to post a reply.