Hungry on my first day!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FrauPohl
    on

Hi all,

I’ve started the BSD today. I’m not diabetic but at a high risk due to my weight and family history.

I’ve had 150g Greek yogurt with flaxseed and blueberries for breakfast as well as copious amounts of water since. I’m feeling hungry now and it’s a while until lunch time! Is this normal when starting out? I get the impression that snacking isn’t a done thing on the plan but think I might have to, to start with. Maybe a boiled egg or some nuts?

I’ve loved reading everyone’s stories and hearing about amazing weight losses!

Thanks, Kate

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi FrauPohl
    Welcome to the forum and your new eating regime. Many of us have struggled a bit at the start and had little blips along the way, so don’t panic. If you need a snack, have one. A few nuts, and egg, a cube of cheese or more full fat yogurt are all ideal, as things with a good fat content are more sating and will make you feel satisfied for longer.
    I personally try to avoid snacking and to be honest, I rarely feel hungry between meals these days. Once you have shaken off the carb dependency, you will probably find the same. The hunger in the early days is your body shouting out for some carbs. Stick with it and it will get easier.
    Don’t forget to keep us posted on your progress and shout if you need any support. There are lots of people on here who will offer a positive response. Good luck!

• posted by FrauPohl
    on

Thank you SunnyB! I suppose it’s a massive shock to the body going from practically gorging on carbs to little/none so I should be kind to myself and ease in gently! I’m going to enjoy a hard boiled egg and carry on!

Thanks again,

Kate

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like a plan FrauPohl. You are right, don’t be too hard on yourself, it will take your body a little while to adjust. Just keep an eye on carbs, best keep around the 50g mark for good results, but initially, you will probably find you can allow yourself a little more. Take care

Please log in or register to post a reply.