How to get through weekends

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Timetochange
    on

How do other people stay focused over the weekend? I did the plan at the latter part of last year and I found it easy. This time – not so much. One area of difficulty is the weekend, especially the evenings. Is there anything that others have found helped to get through?

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Personally I go for a range of distractions, including, but not limited to:
    * my ambition to read all of the Norse and Icelandic sagas
    * my Duolingo course in Norwegian Bokmal. (I am thinking of learning Old Norse so I think this may give me a start)
    * a good old film
    * A quick, fast walk
    * Losing to Mme Maigret at scrabble
    * A game of snooker in the Rugby Club (amazing how many steps you do)
    * Pandering to my job where I spent last Saturday night at Manchester airport and will be at Durban airport this Saturday waiting to fly back.
    Essentially anything that takes my mind off food, as I am aware I used to graze when I was bored , not hungry

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Timetochange,
    I agree with JulesMaigret – find something to distract yourself. I find evenings are a problem, too. Boredom grazing is a problem for me. I opt for knitting, or Sudoku-type puzzles. If I’m watching a film or suchlike, I have a hot drink.

JulesMaigret – very impressive set of distractions!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Personally I have found myself watching a lot less TV which was prime snacking time, evenings are now full of badminton, walking, reading books, and more walking. I also do the occasional jigsaw puzzle.

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Thanks for the tips. Distraction is a good one and I am hoping that on this next attempt at weight loss, I can just stay with it to my final target. I know from experience that any cravings for the stuff I want to eat, but shouldn’t, will pass. I’m doing a lot of self talk and trying to keep on top of how I feel around food. In other words: think before opening my mouth and eating the carbs and the sugar. Day two done. Feeling motivated. For those on the good ‘fight’ hope tomorrow is an excellent day. 👍 Oh and on this occasion – no carb flu. Last time it was horrendous.

Please log in or register to post a reply.