How many of us started BSD on 29. June

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi interested to know how many of us started this day and how much are you planning on getting rid of. I have 7 st 1lb I want to give away to the fat pixies, how about you.

• posted by Emjomo
    on

I started Thursday and have enjoyed everything so far. I’ve got about 35lbs to get rid of and my hubby is doing it too.
    Today I’m feeling tired so don’t know if it’s from lack of carbs and I could just eat a bar of chocolate ๐Ÿ˜ž
    Mustn’t give into the urge ๐Ÿ˜†

Em x

• posted by Hush
    on

Nearly – I started on Sunday 26th June, (I have a weird work pattern), so have just come to the end of my first full week on the BSD.

I reckon I have about 12+ stone to lose but I don’t know for definite as I can’t ever recall a time when I was the ‘proper’ weight so I have no real frame of reference – I’ve been overweight, (and more), since I was about 6, no exaggeration!

I made a good start in the first five days by losing a stone, but unfortunately after that I had a pre-booked long weekend away with my boyfriend and when I got on the scales this morning despite being careful on the carb/sugar front, I found that I had put 5lbs on (grrrr!) so this has reduced my first week’s loss to 9lbs, which to be fair I can’t really complain about! ๐Ÿ™‚

Fortunately, even though I’d found getting grips with a completely new way of thinking and eating really hard and also time consuming last week, (doing this has made me realize how little attention I was paying to what I was putting in my mouth), as I hadn’t found myself hungry, nor lightheaded during the first week, I’ve hopped right back on the wagon this morning and am quite, unusually for me, relieved to be back ‘on it’.

Having basically dieted the low fat/high carb way for 39 years of my life with occasional temporary success, (put it all back on and more), I’m extremely wary of thinking/believing that this time it will click long term for me, but the lack of hunger/no lightheadedness has been a revelation and also a joy, and I never, EVER thought I would say that about a diet so who knows! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Indy
    on

I started on the 29th!

Would like to lose about 5 stone to be at ideal weight but would be very happy with 4.

Going really well so far – down 6-7 lbs and feel good. Day three was tough. Biggest challenge now I think is staying active – really having to push to make sure I’m moving. Anyone try the strength training suggestions?

• posted by josie53
    on

good luck Hush hope you have a good week

• posted by sydneygirl
    on

I started on the 27th! I’m experiencing a slow start but I was kind of expecting that.

Using my fitnesspal and will have to set the carbs up right in the macros. I’m eating well and healthy but I don’t think it’s low carb enough. I know there’s a few threads on that here so will have to have a proper read.
    Good luck everyone!

• posted by Hush
    on

Thanks Josie53 – I really appreciate the support / kind sentiments ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

I started on 27th, have about 3 and a half stone to lose (which would take me from bmi 34 to 24 approx) Am a hopeless dieter, always manage to lose 3 or 4 kilos and then come to a grinding halt. I counted up once how many calories extra it takes to put that on over 3 decades and it is only about 16 a day BUT the catch is I need at least 300 extra calories a day to maintain that weight now. That is a lot in a year. That 300 or so is going to come off for ever…..

I also have a problem and an advantage. The advantage is that I do not eat cakes or biscuits or pastries regularly although I love bread, pasta, rice, potatoes.
    Disadvantage is that I cannot log or count calories, have tried over the decades and am very admiring of those who do, as all studies show that those who do lose more weight. So I am eyeballing it, using menu plans etc.

So far so good, down 4 1/2 pounds which is fantastic for me

Good luck to all

Ruth

• posted by Hush
    on

Think I might have spoken too soon in my earlier post about not having any lightheadedness or hunger………… since 4pm today, nonstop thoughts of biscuits have been doing the conga around my brain. Have also, for the first time, experienced hunger pangs and a rumbling tummy together with some light-headedness.

I’ve drunk a lot of water but it hasn’t really helped. It’s only just after 9.30pm but the only thing I can think of doing to avoid the carb cravings is head to bed.

Anyone else experienced a tough day recently?

• posted by EliseB
    on

I started on 29th! About 30lb or so to lose, 5lb gone in first week ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• posted by Indy
    on

I have definitely gone to bed earlier a few nights to avoid the cravings. I’m also sleeping really soundly since starting, so the combination of the cravings and the good sleep has made it very appealing to sleep earlier.

I think today, for the first day, I’ve had my first real feeling of elation since starting. I woke up to very good news on the scale and I’ve started to get in the habit of walking a lot. I pushed myself very hard to be active all weekend and that is paying off.

My biggest struggles right now are no booze (I love a glass of wine with dinner) and no snacking at night (I love to snack on carby junk late in the evening). But I think my body is really trying to acclimate to the new routine!

Keep up the good work, Hush! Hopefully this passes and you feel better tomorrow!

• posted by Emjomo
    on

The chocolate craving didn’t last thankfully ๐Ÿ˜€
    Since Thursday I’ve shifted 5lb, I’m sleeping better and I don’t feel as tired when I wake up.
    Everything I’ve eaten I’ve enjoyed and so has my hubby. Even the kids are enjoying it but with carbs.
    I would like to shift another 11 lb by the 6 August when I go on my holibobs

• posted by Eric Thrib
    on

Hi all
    I didn’t start until 4th July which could be a good day to start. My husband and I are doing this together along with a friend. I need to lose 3st in the first instance and hubby needs to lose 5st.
    Whilst I am prepared to eat most things, hubby is finding the food strange and missing his meat and potatoes or rice, but I am determined so it will be a case of eat it or go hungry!! Lol

• posted by Eric Thrib
    on

Forgot to say I have fibromyalgia and severe osteoarthritis in my knees ( waiting for new knees) so increase in walking is difficult.

• posted by Hush
    on

Hi Indy – thanks for the reassurance that I’m not on my own with the cravings and the early night, and come to think of it, I have been sleeping better as well – not so much waking up in the night.

Fortunately, today feels a lot better as in minimum cravings for which I’m very grateful as yesterday felt like a white knuckle ride. I’m sure it won’t be the last, so I am very grateful for the reassurance.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi all
    So great to hear you are all doing well, it’s such a revelation this way of eating isn’t it, I’m sorry not to have replied but for some reason I am not receiving email alerts for this site, any ideas anyone I am using an iPad Air.
    Keep up the good work all you lovely June July peeps.
    Regards
    Jan

Please log in or register to post a reply.