How many calories should I consume post diet (to maintain weight)?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ASarj
    on

Hi All,
    Currently on the Fast800 and have lost 13.7 kilos in 11 weeks. However, I am aware that as a dieter, I won’t be able to consume the suggested 2000 calories a day just to maintain weight (due to slowed metabolism because of dieting). Does anyone know the formula for figuring out how many calories someone with a slowed metabolism (due to dieting) needs to maintain weight?
    I know the book suggests moving onto a Mediterranean style of eating post diet, but even that contains a certain amount of calories (every diet does, regardless of whatever diet you follow).
    This has required a lot of work, and if possible, i want to decrease my chances of putting weight back on again by watching calories/type of food going in (obviously I’m not the type of person that can freestyle/eyeball food portions, otherwise there would be no need for me to follow a diet in the first place).
    Thank you all in advance!
    ASarj

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, ASarji! I wrote a long post on this very frequently asked question a few days ago. Scroll down until
    you find a thread called “Low carbs”. The date of my post is April 3rd. I hope this helps!

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.