How low do you go?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SOS
    on

Been tracking my carb intake and it’s in the 10 to 15 grams range since starting BSD. Life before BSD the figure was more like 150 grams! Just wonder how many carbs folks are having. I’ve lost 5lbs since Sunday and blood sugar reading has gone from 5.5 to 4.1. All good but I have looked at the UK diabetic society and it worried me that they put such a scary spin on going too low carb. Feeling much better today as well after yesterday’s flu like symptoms.

A tip I found on another low carb site suggested a salt water drink (yukky) to get things moving, if ya know what I mean. Not to be done habitually though. Over and out xx

• posted by Rubytuesday
    on

I just had a look back through my carbs. I’m on day 22 and lost 8lb. I’ve generally had between 20-40g carbs but some days as much as 80g, whoops. I’ve not eaten any grains, starchy veg or processed food so not quite sure what happened on those days! Have only lost 1lb this past week but overall 3 inches off my waist and an inch off my hips so I know it’s working!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

To be honest I would ignore the UK diabetic society, they were the ones that recommended this diet to me via email, but, when I visited their forums I found a war going on between Type 1’s and type 2’s and a lot of clannish behaviour.
    People with absolutely no knowledge of the BSD were either dismissing it as just another low carb diet or warning others that it could be dangerous.
    Concentrate on what is happening on this forum, we are the pioneers of this new lifestyle and we are adding relevent data on a daily basis.
    Those that don’t know should either find out or not talk rubbish.

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

I’m not counting my grams of macronutrients (i.e. fat, protein and carbs) but I am steering clear of all starches and grains, so all my carbs are coming from vegetables (as green as possible) and a few berries. Fruit and veg have a lots of the micronutrients we need (vitamins and minerals) so you don’t want to miss out on all that good stuff. Depending on if you’re eating mostly protein or fat, shade a little off one or both to make room for some more. You can easily double, if not treble, the amount of carbs you’re eating and get a great plateful of food for very few of your calories.

• posted by SOS
    on

That’s interesting Bill, what you say about the diabetic organisation. It’s just further proof that we have to take control of our own health and listen to the evidence and there is a heck of a lother of it on here.

Thanks all xx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Yeah what you read on here is straight from the horses mouth so to speak rather than second hand.
    The diet was brought together by medically qualified doctors, if they see no harm in it, then neither do I.

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hi, I track everything I eat on Myfitnesspal so i know just how many carbs, fat and protein i’m eating, I aim to be well below 50 every day. Most days I’m under that. Blueberries are surprisingly higher in carbs than I thought, so I have to watch out for those.

Please log in or register to post a reply.