How long to wait between rounds?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GangreneHeart
    on

I started 800 fast about two weeks ago. I was around 190lb. I want to get to 150.

I don’t think I will reach that within eight weeks, so I was wondering what to do then. A second eight week round? Should there be a break in between? If so, how long? During the break, should I do 5:2?

Thanks in advance for all the advice! I really want to succeed.

• posted by alliecat
    on

WELCOME, gangreneheart! We want you to succeed, too 🙂 You don’t need to take a break between rounds
    unless you would like to. Many of us have just done multiple rounds until we’ve reached our target weight.
    I went straight through for 10 months until 140lbs. had been left behind. It’s entirely up to you!
    Very best wishes,

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello GangreneHeart – welcome to the forum. As Allie says, there is no need to take breaks, but if you decide to stick with the BSD principles. You could follow a Med diet or 5:2, but it’s important to stay low carb. I’m sure you’ll succeed and we’ll look forward to reading about your progress.
    Best wishes for every success.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi GH — welcome! Good advice above, but I will add, just don’t stop ever — this is a new way of eating for the rest of your healthy life, supported by all the research. It will also help you avoid osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s and general dementia, as well as diabetes.
    Can I ask, why the gangrene in the heart in your name? This diet will give you a healthy heart too ha ha!

on

Gangrene heart is a pseudonym I’ve used for years. Just like gangrene caused the body to die and decompose, the choices I’ve made have done the same to my heart.

Cheery, right? 😄

• posted by alliecat
    on

Not so cheery, gangreneheart…This way of life can reverse many of the things that we’ve done to ourselves
    by not having the knowledge to understand insulin resistance. Everything changes when we adopt this lifestyle.
    Please don’t despair…I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart) pre BSD. After losing 140lbs that
    it took me 17 years to pile on, I am no longer at threat of congestive heart failure. We can all do this, and the
    way we do it is together 🙂 I’ve been in maintenance for about 16 months. You can certainly make these
    changes, too. Hang in with us, and we will get you there!

Allie

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

I hope, GH, that we can inspire you to find a new name. I think most of us here have struggled with some bad choices and difficult paths, family problems, irritating sisters and many other things!
    Part of getting our health under control includes dealing with where we’ve not be as successsful as we would have liked.
    If you don’t mind, can I call you GoodHeart? Same initials, but I don’t hear death or decomposition in your posts so I think it might be more accurate.
    Julia

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Definitely like the positive spin Californiagirl would like to give your forum id GH. I’ve often taken a pessimistic view on life, so purposely gave myself a more positive id – plus, I’ve always thought I should have been born somewhere sunny. Anyway, I think having a more positive ‘label’ definitely has an uplifting effect, so if you could bear it, swapping to GoodHeart could give you a boost and help you to see yourself in a more positive light.
    My guess is most of us have made some dire decisions in life, which given the chance we might choose not to do again, but the secret is allowing forgiveness at some point, otherwise one wastes so much energy in negativity and holds off the possibility of a brighter future.

on

Lol. I kinda woke up feeling like I had no choice but to accept a more positive name as my mailbox was flooded with 125 notifications of the encouraging messages from you all. So I’ll be GoodHeart from now on.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Way to go, GoodHeart! That’s made me smile – thanks for making my day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.