How frequently are you having 800 call a day.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Melbie
    on

I’m just a newbie on day two. Massive headaches BTW. Just wondered if everyone sets out to have 800 each day or less. I know at a certain stage you should go down to 5.2 but wondered how often until you reach that point.😁

• posted by Squidge
    on

First, hello!

Second – drink some water. It might well help with the headaches.

How you do this is up to you. You can do 800 calories a day, every day, for 8 weeks, or until you reach your target weight – or if you struggle with that, or prefer to do this more gradually you can go for the 5.2 approach, or adapt the diet to suit you.

Personally, although I did try to keep it down to 800 calories, I often went over. I stuck to the low carb principles though and the weight did come off – just not as quickly as for those who are more disciplined. I continued for about 3 months and have been in maintenance sine last March.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi Melbie and welcome.
    I did 800cal and 30g carbs for the full 8 weeks- longer in fact. Many others have done 800 for longer than I did. It can be hard to begin with but it’s amazing how the hunger disappears in a very short while and 800cal becomes very satisfying, especially if you are careful to include good healthy fats and enough proteins to help you feel full.
    It sounds like you are describing ‘carb flu’ that comes with restricting simple carbs when you’re used to eating them a lot. I never had it myself but many do. It passes in a few days but that’s no comfort when you’re on the middle of it! Panadol, plenty of water and a little more salt to replace the salt that’s being washed out are supposed to help. Bovril?
    Best wishes to you embarking on this way of eating. It has done so much more than I could have expected for my general health over and above the weight loss- 50lb, the best thing I ever did.
    Chin up through this part, it’s so worth persevering 😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello Melbie – welcome to the forum and the BSD. Hope you are having a better day today. As Squidge said, be sure to drink plenty as this will help with headaches and with weight loss generally. It’s likely the headaches are a symptom of the ‘carb flu’ as Mariet commented and don’t be frightened to take painkillers if you need them.

I would say don’t worry right now, about how long you should so the 800, just take a day at a time. In a couple of weeks once your body has adjusted and the 800 has become almost second nature, you can decide if you are comfortable to continue. It is quite a steep learning curve and the body has to go through an adjustment period, to get into fat burning mode, after which any cravings will significantly reduce and you’ll be feeling fitter and more energised. Be sure to include good fats, as this will help with feeling full more quickly and for longer and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Do make good use of the forum and join any thread you feel is relevant to you – warm welcome guaranteed. There is a weekly thread ‘One Week At a Time’ which is especially good, as it gives the opportunity of thinking in weekly chunks, rather than a full eight weeks. That thread is populated by newbies, established BSDers and maintainers, so there is a wealth of knowledge, experience and support to be had there.

Hope you will decide to stick with us on the 800 forum and we’ll look forward to reading of your progress. Best wishes for every success.

• posted by Melbie
    on

Thanks a lot for your comments. Headache better today. Drinking heaps,taking panadol. Still don’t have much energy but that’s a good excuse for a early night ah!😁
    Today is a new day. Roll on lunch time 😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Melbie – good to hear you’re hanging in the and feeling a little better. Once you’re body is in fat burning mode your energy levels will increase/ Meanwhile be gentle and kind to yourself and if you need early nights get to bed and sleep – we all know how important sleep is and it can only be a good thing to get in a couple of early night.

Please log in or register to post a reply.